Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 TRD suspension into a 2010 4 cyl.?

Old 02-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Lionel Hutz is on a distinguished road
Lionel Hutz's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD suspension into a 2010 4 cyl.?

Hi everyone. Noob question but the following parts will bolt directly into my 2010 2.7 cyl. 4x4 access cab?

A full TRD suspension, body flare and wheel/rubber set up off a 2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD.

- Four Bilstein shocks.

- Two of the upgraded 4 leaf rear spring paks with bushings and u-bolts.

- Front springs.

- Four 265/65-17 Bridgestone Duellers on factory Toyota alloys, centre caps, lug nuts and locking lug nut. (obviously)

- Front and rear factory flares (waste?)

Keywords: Toyota, Bilstein, Tacoma, tires, leaf, spring, flares, alloy, rim

Cheers. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Can I ask why? there are much better options than stock suspension for probably the same price it would cost you.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Another guy just pulled out his stock rig including the rims with stock tires for a build and offered me his old stuff for about $1000.

I need another set of rims as my winter ones are beat up. I figured the rims alone are worth ~$800 so installing the (marginal) upgraded system would be valuable in the short term.

Clearly I am new to all this so insights, suggestions and critiques are welcomed...

LH
Old 03-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
some people would give that stuff away for damn near free.

1000 is robbery
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Thanks

This is the kind of thing I need to know...

Thank you. I will not be spending $1000 on used parts that buddy just wants to get rid of.

This is why the forum is awesome.

Cheers,

LH
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
It will all work, and bolt right in. Now by front flare do you mean the flare on the fender or the whole fender? If it's the whole fender, it will not bolt up with your headlights / bumper / hood.