Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SR5 vs TRD

Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
cvc42 is on a distinguished road
cvc42's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 vs TRD

Hello

I recently traded my 05 Tacoma TRD for a 2007 SR5 both are 4x4. Outside if the blistein shocks what the difference between the two suspension's, the 07 is bottoming out when I pull my ATV trailer, the stock shocks are OK but I need to upgrade to something a little better to handle the load, probably carrying about 700 LBS on the hitch any advice on shocks or suspension upgrade advice would be greatly appreciated. The 05 handled the same trailer just fine.

Thanks
Steve-
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely the 05 had better leaf springs. Alot of the 2nd gen trucks have the shitty leaf spring in the rear from factory. It seems a hit or a miss honestly. All I did was AAL to the rear and it works much better.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
cvc42 is on a distinguished road
cvc42's Tacoma Gallery
Can you tell me where you bought the extra Leaf at ? does it raise the rear end up any? I dont sag now but don't want the rear higher that stock.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc42 View Post
Can you tell me where you bought the extra Leaf at ? does it raise the rear end up any? I dont sag now but don't want the rear higher that stock.

Thanks
You can get them from Toytec, however I'd recommend Wheelers 1.5" 3 leaf progressive aal