Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help fellars! in search of best 3" lift kit

Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
pvfd1270 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
pvfd1270's Tacoma Gallery
Need help fellars! in search of best 3" lift kit

Lookin for one for my 06 Tacoma 4x4. Have one on my 99 its a pro comp 3" with spacers....i have diff drop installed but still blow cv boots! Scared of the under the strut mount spacer lift cause of this. Is the lift kit with new spring and taller struts better? Just dont want to be blowing cv boots on my new un... whats the best?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
OME suspension set up, for the money. Otherwise there is better lift kits such as true C/O's that are adjustable. They will provide the best ride on or offroad. Get rid of the diff drop, it doesn't do anything for the 2nd gen trucks.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
En serio?
GreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to all

Navy: Intel
Name: Robert
GreeneMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
OME suspension set up, for the money. Otherwise there is better lift kits such as true C/O's that are adjustable. They will provide the best ride on or offroad. Get rid of the diff drop, it doesn't do anything for the 2nd gen trucks.
Does it really not?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvfd1270 View Post
Lookin for one for my 06 Tacoma 4x4. Have one on my 99 its a pro comp 3" with spacers....i have diff drop installed but still blow cv boots! Scared of the under the strut mount spacer lift cause of this. Is the lift kit with new spring and taller struts better? Just dont want to be blowing cv boots on my new un... whats the best?
So was the Pro-Comp a 3" kit, and also had spacer as well for more lift?

Or did you have 3" of lift total?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
It was a three inch lift spacers front and leaf springs rear.....no I didn't get a full lift. Would not recommend it at all.........boy at Rough Country got it all together got there lift my 06 looks good and CV axles look good