Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How is the ride with a 3" lift vs. stock

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
How is the ride with a 3" lift vs. stock

I have not been in a TACO with a lift and will be getting some billies 5100s soon and want to replace my stock tires with 275X70X17. I will probably just adjust to 1.5 and maybe add some spacers so I dont have to do any triming (unless I have to). How is the ride with a minor lift compared to stock suspension???? For right now I will probably leave the rear alone but with the budget allows I will replace the stock with new billie in the back too.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
With the Billys, it will ride stock(ish) -- it depends on whether or not you add spacers...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
what do spacers really do? I thought i would need them to fit the larger tires. Do I have too????? Will spacers make the ride worse? I have never lifted a truck or really ever modified a car but I just really like the look of the tacos with larger tires. I dont want to go up to 285s because I drive a lot and MPG is somewhat important.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers aer about the worst thing you can do for ride quality. The Top Plate spacers dont affet the ride, but they lengthen the shock/spring assembly, and that can break things.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
So i guess my question is do i need spacers or just the 5100s set at 1.5 to fit the larger tires? The 275s are a bit wider and I really have no idea what I am doing if I have to trim something....
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGtaco View Post
So i guess my question is do i need spacers or just the 5100s set at 1.5 to fit the larger tires? The 275s are a bit wider and I really have no idea what I am doing if I have to trim something....
Just 5100s will be good for you. 265s = No trimming. 275s might work... not exactly sure there...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
That was fan-fu*king-tastic I'll have to remember that.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i guess i deserve that but I always like to ask around because you never know who is writting up reviews on the net. I have seen some very bias reviews and think it is probably someone with....maybe a conflict of interest writting them. I have friends that work for certain companies that go onto various websites and write 100% positive reviews to try and increase business. I know there are guys on this site that sell things but there are also others who have tried these products and they are highly recommended.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
TA06CO
TA06CO is on a distinguished road
TA06CO's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3in. Pro Comp lift with all new coils and shocks and the ride has turned amazingly better, I like a stiffer ride and a stiffer ride i got. But at the same time it handles nicely on the turns and obviously over any potholes. I think it is also in the tires you are riding on, I have all terrain highway tires. Stock ride is more car like this turned it into more of a truck ride.