Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help complete my lift

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Help complete my lift

As of right now I have procomp front struts and 2 inch blocks. My return hits the bank this week and I'm using it to finish my components. I know I need UCA's but after much reading idk what I'm doing, did many lifts never had to worry about them. For the rear I will be ordering a bolt flip and most likely ordering leaves, again reading and too many out there.

I'm shooing for 3-4ish lift. I do off road occasionally it being beach runs, trails, very rarely mud....very rarely. I do use the bed and pull trailers from time to time. I do have adjustable gas shocks made for 2-3 lift so I'm thinking limit straps should be fine as I'm a finesse guy instead of balls to the wall.

LR has a group buy now so input is welcomed, and alcans is the only leaves I really ever heard about.

I will be getting $2300ish back and anything left over will be going towards tires. Thank you Tacos!!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
How about a complete OME lift with 885 coils and Dakars in the rear? Add the LR or other UCA to top it off. That will get you up there solidly and be in your budget with money left over.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P9HST2 View Post
How about a complete OME lift with 885 coils and Dakars in the rear? Add the LR or other UCA to top it off. That will get you up there solidly and be in your budget with money left over.
^ this. Also what would you need limit straps for?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

I already have the front coils. So the OMEs are not needed.

I guess I'm asking which UCAs to go with, as I understand they are needed for alignment purposes? The straps would help keep the shocks from over extending, not super worried about it but cheap insurance is nice.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
I already have the front coils. So the OMEs are not needed.

I guess I'm asking which UCAs to go with, as I understand they are needed for alignment purposes? The straps would help keep the shocks from over extending, not super worried about it but cheap insurance is nice.
There a bunch of companies that make UCA it is all about how much you want to spend
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
There a bunch of companies that make UCA it is all about how much you want to spend
and whether you want a uniball or a booted balljoint
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
and whether you want a uniball or a booted balljoint
O yes i forgot about this aswell. ball joint is less expensive than a uniball.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #8

Is there advantages with one over the other?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uniballs offer more articulation , where the booted ball joint is more protected for winter salt etc
Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
Quote:
Uniball is a open system allowing stuff to get into the joint. were as the booted balljoint is covered hence the name booted and doesnt get as much stuff inside.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #11

So I'm guessing boots is what I need, I don't need a ton of articulation. Be more worried of sand and dirt from my ranch than anything else.

As far as leaves, are the Dakar leaves custom made like alcans? I was planning on ordering at least a 7 leaf pack from alcan.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
Quote:
So I'm guessing boots is what I need, I don't need a ton of articulation. Be more worried of sand and dirt from my ranch than anything else.

As far as leaves, are the Dakar leaves custom made like alcans? I was planning on ordering at least a 7 leaf pack from alcan.
7 is a lot of leaves that is crazy what do you haul?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I chose the LR UCA's because they wre less expensive and I was more concerned with getting a good alignment and having the ball joint more protected due to my winter conditions versus a need for greater articulation

It should be noted you can get uniballs with SS balls

Dakars are 7 leaf
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #14

I prefer the ride of thinner leaves, had good luck on my f350 with a 12 leaf pack on the rear. I was able to get a smooth progressive ride.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
7 is a lot of leaves that is crazy what do you haul?
Daks are 7 leaf
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I chose the LR UCA's because they wre less expensive and I was more concerned with getting a good alignment and having the ball joint more protected due to my winter conditions versus a need for greater articulation

It should be noted you can get uniballs with SS balls

Dakars are 7 leaf
Any complaint from LR? The group deal isn't to shabby
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any complaint from LR? The group deal isn't to shabby
I haven't heard any complaints from LR
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #18

Good deal man thanks for the input, no reason to spend a nice penny if it isn't needed.

Now deciding on bumpers