1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

West Virginia Residents with Suspension Modifications

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hillbillynwv, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    I went to my local Toyota dealer (Dan Cava's Toyota World) in Fairmont this weekend to get my yearly inspection. I checked my truck over well to make sure every light worked and I already knew my brakes and everything else was fine and in working order. The girl running the service department came to me in the waiting area and said they couldn't inspect my truck. I was like WTF is the problem?? She said because I modified my truck with leveling shocks I would have to get a modified inspection sticker from an authorized station that does that and they do not. She said it was a new West Virginia law this year. I left there and went to a gas station, they inspected it and put a new sticker on with no questions asked. If you live in West Virginia and have modified your suspension in any way avoid Toyota dealerships for your yearly state inspection.

2. Jul 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    binski

binski Binski

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma off road package
    hey you live in Fairmont, WV? I live in morgantown. bought a 2009 tacoma with an off road package but i havent really had the chance to go off road with it! i've got a little by myself cuz non of my other friends have trucks, but if you wanna go take your truck on the trails or no any groups to go with hit me up!

Products Discussed in

To Top