LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Current stock shocks almost at 100K, OME questions

Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Current stock shocks almost at 100K, OME questions

I feel like replacing my current stock TRD offroad shocks since they have almost 100K miles on them.

I have been reading and reviewing OME and it sounds like a great suspension to go with for my needs. I use the truck offroad quite a bit but mostly just getting to hunting/fishing/camping spots. Go down some pretty gnarly trails sometimes as most of these locations are WAY out there.

Anyhoo, I am not interested in much of a lift, and would prefer to be under 2in total lift when done. I dont want to deal with vibrations or getting new UCA due to lifting. I will continue to run 265/75/16 tires as I love my current MPG. I also do not plan on a plate bumper or winch, but possible some sliders in the future.

So, I am thinking 884 coils+full OME setup. What else can you guys recommend for this lift. Truck currently has the 3 leaf pack, didn't know about the TSB until i found this site....too late.

Thanks for any info TW, it is greatly appreciated! (Yes, i am aware of the search feature as well, just wanted opinions of my own thread)
Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
look into an Iron man lift. they are also an Australian based company. its right at 2", and you don't have to worry about neew ucas, your cv angles will be great, no worries with axle shims, etc. It comes with new springs, struts, bushings, and a 7 leak pack. sierra expeditions is selling it for 880 for the whole kit.

this is the kit im saving up for right now
Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
HA! Damn all these options!! That does seem like a pretty quality choice, I had never heard of it till now. THANKS!!

At first I was thinking OME, then Icon stage 1, then 5100's, then back to OME, and now this! Oh well, at least I have time and am not in a huge rush to purchase. Current shocks are old but they still work, kind of
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ironman kit, i love it!!!!!! install took 3 guys 4.5 hours to do, and its great. i am doing a write up on it, because i made some adjusments along the way, that everyone should make, and i need a sway bar relocate kit also.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
884s and an 3 leaf progressive AAL sounds like what you want.
I have to add a 1/4" top plate spacer after adding sliders & a full set of skids.
Sliders alone didn't lower it much (1/8" front & rear).
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
As someone who had his heart set on an ICON, in the end, I decided there was just no way I was going to push my truck hard enough and often enough to justify a 4 grand suspension upgrade. ICON's are race suspensions, not drive around everyday and go play on the weekend setups.( Unless your cashed up). I went with an OME with a dakar leaf pack and am completely happy with it. I got the 885X's and they are fine.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
As someone who had his heart set on an ICON, in the end, I decided there was just no way I was going to push my truck hard enough and often enough to justify a 4 grand suspension upgrade. ICON's are race suspensions, not drive around everyday and go play on the weekend setups.( Unless your cashed up). I went with an OME with a dakar leaf pack and am completely happy with it. I got the 885X's and they are fine.
Post some pics & your specs here Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
OP..i have an access cab. my truck is used just like your's. i dont go wheeling for fun. only to get me to hunting camps. some of them are on the end of some crazy runs. my stock truck; i buried the tires into the fenders. so i opted for a "mild" lift.

i did 885's up front, and the 1.5" AAL in back. the back, was exactly 1.5 inch higher. the fronts i forgot to measure. but parked next to a stock truck, i pulled a tape and got 2" in front. i have a shell on my truck. without the shell, the rear end rides up and i get stock looking rake.

just some info for you.

now? i can run up this crazy rocky road in AZ with better tire - fender clearance..i dont rub at all. i will change over to 265/75's soon.

honestly tho.. my next tacoma, i am leaving it all stock.