1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

upper control arm, alignment problem

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ned281, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    ned281

ned281 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma prerunner
    How is the upper control arm suppose to sit? The first pic is the driver side, second is passenger side.

IMG_20130225_193830.jpg
    IMG_20130225_193843.jpg

2. Feb 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Are you having trouble getting the ball joint shaft in to the control arm? If so, loosen the UCA mounting bolts just enough to get the UCA to move freely, then attach the BJ to the UCA.Do this for both sides, then, once the truck is back on all 4 tires on the ground, roll the truck a foot forward, then a foot backward, then re tighten the UCA mounting bolts to spec. I know 2nd gen Tacomas are 85ftlbs, but I'm not 100% what 1st gen Tacomas are. Good luck

3. Feb 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    ned281

ned281 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma prerunner
    whenever I hit the brakes its pulsing and drifting to the right. Toyota dealership said I had a bent driver side knuckle but that wasnt even the side of the wreck. I replaced it and its still doing the same thing.

4. Feb 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The first pic, the UCA looks all bent up, but that could just be the pic. Try comparing each side to see if there is any differences. Sounds more like a bad caliper on the driver side, pulsating, and pulling to the right. Check your brake pads for uneven wear, leaking brakes, damage. Dealer ship guys are hit n miss, find someone you know, that knows whats up.

5. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Osugoose

Osugoose Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB 4x4
    885x w/ nitro sports,Dakars w/ 182,Katskinz two tone leather
    Yours look a little mangled to me. What did you hit?

Edit: Sorry didn't see you had a first gen... my question still stands, bending the UCA and potentially the spindle would mess with the caster, could maybe cause an issue braking.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Osugoose

Osugoose Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB 4x4
    885x w/ nitro sports,Dakars w/ 182,Katskinz two tone leather
    Have you checked your spindles? if your UCAs are bent, the spindles might not be so great off either.... also shocks and springs too.

Products Discussed in

To Top