1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any knowledge is helpful.....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jzmtacoma, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    jzmtacoma

jzmtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Horse Shoe, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 DoubleCab TRD Offroad
    Toytec 3" Spacer Lift in front w/ 2" AAL in Rear

I have been on here searching, and searching and getting mixed stories and answers. After two nights of 2AM bedtimes and searching I have to ask and I hope I will get some definite answers.

First off I do not mind some MINOR trimming, plastic, taking off mudflap etc. I am building this truck up for advertisement and want it to look sharp.

Second it is not for wheeling, if it goes off road I will expect it to rub, but for the money I have put in the wheels it will not see much at all. It is a road truck and strictly riding around looking good.

Ok I have purchased a Toytec 3" spacer lift w/ the 2" AAL. Also I have in my hands BMF 20"X 9" REPR wheels 0 Offset/5" Backspacing. Now of course the dreaded question, I need tires and WANT 295/55R20 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS....Here it goes, WILL IT WORK??? I want to get as tall and as wide as I can without having to cut the doors off or something crazy like that. Plastic I don't care, cab mount undecided. If someone has this setup would be great to hear from you with some pics, but if you just have the actual knowledge please let me know!!! I don't want to make a $1000 mistake.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. Feb 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    that tire is only like 33", what generation truck do you have?

3. Feb 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    jzmtacoma

jzmtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Horse Shoe, NC
    Vehicle:
    Sorry 2013 Double Cab TRD OFFROAD

4. Feb 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    I haven't read about 2nd gen for a while, but I am pretty sure most 2nd gen users run 5100's at 1.5", so I would assume a 3" block would be plenty. (Although, in the majority of peoples opinions, blocks suck!) You probably will have to do the pinch weld mod. Trimming? Maybe a little.

Go down to a local tire shop, see if they have some time to toss a 295/55 nitto's on your 20R and see the results. Turn the truck on, crank the wheel full. See any points of impact.

Of course, I am not a 2nd gen expert, I feel that it is accurate to my previous research.

5. Feb 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    jzmtacoma

jzmtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Horse Shoe, NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your reply hopefully tomorrow someone will read that may have this setup or knows a little bit more, than you and I....I appreciate your help, from what you are saying and what I have read it doesn't sound impossible, I just don't wanna reconstruct a brand new truck....Lets hope someone comes up with a definite answer, I have seen guys running the 20x9 Novakane BMF wheels and there is no difference there, so someone has to know.

Products Discussed in

To Top