Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift question

Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
DoubleYotaBoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
DoubleYotaBoy's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift question

Are ome shocks only for 4x4? i have a prerunner and everything i see is saying that it is only for 4x4s.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYotaBoy View Post
Are ome shocks only for 4x4? i have a prerunner and everything i see is saying that it is only for 4x4s.
You should be fine, although that is a good question. Never seen it asked on here before.. Someone else will probably chime in
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
X2^^^ O_o, OZ-T will chime in soon enough he the OME guru lol
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
you are fine, i ran full OME on my 08 prerunner before i got this truck. you just cant run OME on the 5-lug trucks
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
It should say only for 6 luggers.
From Toytec web site. Tacoma 05 & up (Lift products will not fit models with 5 lug wheels)
Yes they will work.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You should be fine, although that is a good question. Never seen it asked on here before.. Someone else will probably chime in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
X2^^^ O_o, OZ-T will chime in soon enough he the OME guru lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
you are fine, i ran full OME on my 08 prerunner before i got this truck. you just cant run OME on the 5-lug trucks
okay thanks guys
Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
It should say only for 6 luggers.
From Toytec web site. Tacoma 05 & up (Lift products will not fit models with 5 lug wheels)
Yes they will work.
well thats what i saw too but when i got to the ome website it only has for 4x4's so i didnt know. I am brain fried from looking at so many lift options
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #8

does anyone know if you get a full 3 inch front lift out of toytec coilovers, or is 2.5 the highest setting and then add a 1/4 inch top plate
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #9

can anybody help?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
does anyone know if you get a full 3 inch front lift out of toytec coilovers, or is 2.5 the highest setting and then add a 1/4 inch top plate
I thought you were going OME ?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Add top plate spacer for full 3" with 5100s and eibach coils @ .85, but you might get a little more lift because your front end is lighter than 4x4
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I thought you were going OME ?
idk what i want to do, im getting so many different opinions from everyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Add top plate spacer for full 3" with 5100s and eibach coils @ .85, but you might get a little more lift because your front end is lighter than 4x4
sounds good man thanks alot!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
im running an OME lift on my prerunner
Do you know how much lift exactly you got? thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you know how much lift exactly you got? thanks
not exact. it fits my 33's so enough.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
not exact. it fits my 33's so enough.
got a good looking truck!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problems with the front lift.

The PreRunner rear driveshaft lacks the slip joint of 4x4s, so you can't lift as much. The OME Dakar leaf pack may create problems, for example.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
x2