Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox C/O adjustment question

Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
Fox C/O adjustment question

I brought my truck to a buddy of mine who's a mechanic and asked him to adjust the coilovers as I still think I can get some lift out of. He called and said everytime he loosens the nut to adjust it the tension on the spring just push it right back to where it was.I said what about taking off the spring and adjusting without the spring but he said his spring compressor isn't that bad to take it off....

Anybody have some thoughts on how to handle this problem.. Fox 2.5 C/O's.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
are you taking the load off the truck? you need to jack the front end off the ground using the jack point on the frame. Both of the wheels need to be off the ground. then loosen the bolt on the collar then adjust to desired height.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #3

yeah it's on his lift.. basically he loosens it all up adjusts it with three half turns then due to the tension on the spring it's going right back to where it was???
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
its lifted on the frame not the control arms right?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #5

I would definetly hope so.. LOL.. I'm not there so I can't see what he's talking about.. errgh..