1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More TSB info for those out of factory warrenty.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sandfire, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Feb 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    Sandfire

Sandfire [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    southwest midwest
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4 silver
    OME 885 springs with OME N140s shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, TSB AAL, OME N182's, MT BAHA ATZ 4ribs.
    First, some info about my situation. Recently purchased a 2006 TRD sport, DC 4x4. I am looking to put a 3" lift on it (most likely OME 885 coils and OME 140 struts for the front.) Havn't decided on the rear since I'm not 100% sure what will happen with the TSB. (for those of you who don't know, TSB is a technical service bulliten sent to dealers and if you complain of bottoming out with a load, they may replace your rear leaf pack with an upgraded one) According to the bulliten I found on TW it is for 05, 06, and now 07's.

After doing as much TSB research as I could on here, I made an appointment with my local toyota dealer today. My truck has 58,000 miles and had a seller transferable, platinum extended warrenty when I bought it. The warrenty covers until 2012 or 75K.

I called toyota and they said this rear spring revision wasn't covered in the extended warrenty. I thought what the hell, I take a chance and see what my dealer says. The service guy looked at it this morning and informed me that it is covered, however they are sending out an inspector (not from the dealership) to look at it. He said if it was under the 36K warrenty, they would have done it, no questions asked.

The service guy said I should have the truck loaded with something when I bring it back for the inspector to look at it. The "master technician" or looked to be the actual shop supervisor (this guy had grease on him and looked to be a mechanic) overheard this and said naw, the inspector will just take a look at it and see if it is well taken care of or if the crap has been beat out of it. Now I'm not sure whether I should load it down or not, any experience on this one anybody?

Anyway, looks like I may get it done and am well out of factory warrenty, thought this might be helpful for someone.

2. Feb 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Wish the previous owner of mine had this warranty. Bought mine at 48k & 2 dealers won't do it even as part of my comprehensive period which goes to April/51k. Not a drivetrain issue so that 7/100k warranty is no help. SOL I guess on the free parts

Products Discussed in

To Top