PRO COMP LIFT????

Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Just me
toyotatrav will become famous soon enough

Name: travis
toyotatrav's Tacoma Gallery
PRO COMP LIFT????

hello tacoma world, a few questions...
to start out i have a 2009 tacoma crew cab 5' bed.. im looking for a 3"-4" lift for it. i found a pro comp lift kit that comes with es6000 struts and longer coil springs, es9000 rear shocks with add a leaf spring for about $450 bucks.
Has any one bought and used this lift set up and if so how is the ride? we take long road trips in the tacoma so im NOT wanting a stiff ride.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrav View Post
hello tacoma world, a few questions...
to start out i have a 2009 tacoma crew cab 5' bed.. im looking for a 3"-4" lift for it. i found a pro comp lift kit that comes with es6000 struts and longer coil springs, es9000 rear shocks with add a leaf spring for about $450 bucks.
Has any one bought and used this lift set up and if so how is the ride? we take long road trips in the tacoma so im NOT wanting a stiff ride.

Have heard this lift is on the stiff side. If you want a good 4" drop bracket lift go with rcd, bds or zone. If you want a good 3" lift go with bilstein 5100's set at .85 w ebiach coils in front and a rear progresive leaf pack w rear bilstein 5100's. You will be happier in the end and get a much better ride
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Have heard this lift is on the stiff side. If you want a good 4" drop bracket lift go with rcd, bds or zone. If you want a good 3" lift go with bilstein 5100's set at .85 w ebiach coils in front and a rear progresive leaf pack w rear bilstein 5100's. You will be happier in the end and get a much better ride
^^ This
I have the same procomp lift. Not too bad, but stiff. Just put 5100's on the back, much better. Putting the front 5100 on the procomp spring to see how it rides. Depending how it rides, I wll toss them and get a set of OME's or something.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Just me

i also looked at the 3" bilstein 5100 set up on toytec. but ill check out the 4" lift too.. i bought the truck with 305/50/20's on it.. not super excited about 20's but they look good on the truck.. ill go down to 18's one day
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Just me

ok did a little homework, and so far i like the the 3" lift set up on toytech.
let me ask another question... has anybody or heard of anybody useing a suspention lift kit like that (5100 bilstien struts w/coils, aal w/shocks) with a small 1" bolt-n-block and a spacer over the strut?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok did a little homework, and so far i like the the 3" lift set up on toytech.
let me ask another question... has anybody or heard of anybody useing a suspention lift kit like that (5100 bilstien struts w/coils, aal w/shocks) with a small 1" bolt-n-block and a spacer over the strut?
Highest you can go with lift on a tacoma without a drop bracket lift is 3'. Spacer lifts are pretty much frowned upon on TW. They make he ride much rougher. Which lift were you looking at? this one? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

...also i was proven wrong today and found out the front diff drop is not needed on newer 05+ tacomas...
Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Just me

i just realized what i wrote in my post, what i ment was and extra 1" block and spacer to get an extra inch of lift
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
Just me

there were 2 different set ups i was looking at.. one had like a 800 and something # shock and one hasd a 600 something # shock.. i guess im looking for lift and a better ride. looking at 3" but aiming for 4", would like to stick with strut/coil in the front.. not wanting to get into spindles and a arm drop downs
Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i just realized what i wrote in my post, what i ment was and extra 1" block and spacer to get an extra inch of lift
A block on the rear leaves? or up front?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
Droptine is on a distinguished road
Droptine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
What is estimated cost on this 3" set up with 5100's (not installed) just hardware?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
I *ACTUALLY* own the Pro Comp lift you're talking about. Its a great lift for the price. A lot of bandwagoneers will say that Pro Comp is junk but have never even ridden in a vehicle with one.

Now, with that said, the lift is stiffer than stock, but by no means unbearable. If you're on a tight budget, feel confident with the Pro Comp, if you have some spare change laying around and can afford a bit more, go for one of the higher end lifts.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
Just me

one was for 919.99 and one was 649.99, i think i read it came with a 1 1/2 " rear block for the rear,, and aal.. so couldnt i go with a 2 1/2 block and a spacer above the strut not above the coil
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Just me

thanks pvt , i already have a somewhat stiff ride and i think its cuz there is a spacer between the coil and strut mount.. it was on the truck when i bought it last january. im gonna guess its so they could fit the 305/50/20 tires and rims
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo View Post
I *ACTUALLY* own the Pro Comp lift you're talking about. Its a great lift for the price. A lot of bandwagoneers will say that Pro Comp is junk but have never even ridden in a vehicle with one.

Now, with that said, the lift is stiffer than stock, but by no means unbearable. If you're on a tight budget, feel confident with the Pro Comp, if you have some spare change laying around and can afford a bit more, go for one of the higher end lifts.
I've had this lift and beat on it. Rear shocks blew out within a year and then for the front the bushing for the shock that connects to the lower arm starting to fall apart. So I do have experience with this lift and the reason why I say stay away from procomp
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #16

Quote:
one was for 919.99 and one was 649.99, i think i read it came with a 1 1/2 " rear block for the rear,, and aal.. so couldnt i go with a 2 1/2 block and a spacer above the strut not above the coil
It comes with eibach coils and 5100's. And an add a leaf in the back. The blocks can be combined with the aal. But only 3inches can be put up front. The spacer up front it s 1/4 inch spacer up front if you have a double cab because of the added weight. But you can't exceed 3 inches up front.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
It comes with eibach coils and 5100's. And an add a leaf in the back. The blocks can be combined with the aal. But only 3inches can be put up front. The spacer up front it s 1/4 inch spacer up front if you have a double cab because of the added weight. But you can't exceed 3 inches up front.
due to the front diff drop down right..? so i belive the diff drop down is a spacer drop down right? couldnt a guy get a longer bolt and spacer? just asking questions....