Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question about Add A Leaf Springs

Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Question about Add A Leaf Springs

how do add a leafs lift a 5 lug taco with spring under axle? i understand how it would with the springs over the axle on the 6 luggers, but i have a 5 lugger and want to put a lift kit on it, and pro comp has an easy lift kit that comes with add a leafs...the 5 luggers springs are below the axle, so how would that lift the rear?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmmmmmmmmm good question. if the aal sets underneath the primary spring, will it increase the curvature/arc of the pack?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmm good question. if the aal sets underneath the primary spring, will it increase the curvature/arc of the pack?
idk lol, im actually really wondering this, maybe its a stupid question, idk lol
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
i've never owned a 2wd LOL so I guess I needs a pic to look at to wrap my pea brain around the concept......
Old 03-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #6

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
wouldn't they stiffen the pack and allow less sag? thus increasing ride height a bit?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:
wouldn't they stiffen the pack and allow less sag? thus increasing ride height a bit?
I guess that would be it, something that seems so simple, and i made it complicated lmao
Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
I guess that would be it, something that seems so simple, and i made it complicated lmao
Its pretty easy to get confused by it (locations of springs)

SUA springs have more ARC than SOA also..
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

SUA springs have more ARC than SOA also..
Yup.... And essentially, if you flattened them out....they'd be much LONGER.

I had a built Jeep YJ with 4.5" SUA lift.....
And actually, SUA lifted rigs are more stable on the road than their SOA counterparts with the same lift.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
roadtared is on a distinguished road
Navy: Served as communications and Base Police
Name: Ed
roadtared's Tacoma Gallery
It will actually lower the truck. You would have to re-place the springs to the top of the axle. There is an official lift kit by Ready Lift for the 5 lugger Taco that I am looking at. It lifts the front like the leveling kit and for the rear it has an extreme bent leaf that lays in between the factory strings and raises the rear end as well.
http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyot...-275f175r.aspx
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #11

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
^^^damn! Not much for $340....
Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #12

i just bought a pro-comp one that does essentially the same thing for under 200
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtared View Post
It will actually lower the truck. You would have to re-place the springs to the top of the axle.
Please explain. How would it lower the truck?