I just finshed installing my lift kit today and i thought id show how it went for me.
heres how the truck sat before the lift.
I forgot to measure what it sat at before i lifted it because i was so excited to get it installed. It took me a total of 15 hours (all by myself) with hand tools and a dewalt impact gun, floor jack and 2 jack stands and wood blocks. I ordered a full ome lift kit with 883 coils nitrocharger shocks(preassembled for a extra $120, well worth it.) and dakar leaf packs with greasble shackles and light racing upper control arms, everything i bought came from wheelers offroad, very helpfull and will order from there again if needed. i installed the rear extened brake line a week before so i didnt have to deal with it when i installed this. i started with the front taking the upper control arms and coil springs off to remove the bolt for the upper control arm i had to take the brackets off of two sensors to get the bolt to come out.it only took me 4 hours take everything out of the front witch wasnt bad. The front went in prety easy no prying on the lower control arm to get the coilspring in or anything like that. i used a balljoint press i bought off amazon to get the old balljoints out and the sleeves in. i did not disconect the spindle or the tie rod to do this. and used a rachet strap to hold the spinlde from falling. I set the new uca's to -1.00 witch actually is +1.00 so i can acheaive a good caster number to not have rubbing om my pinch weld when i get bigger tires.
Lucky i was able to use the concret slab
New front end
cv angles before diffdrop at full drop
cv angles after diffdrop with it sitting at ride height.
all this room for new tires
when putting th skid plates back on i had to elongate the back skid plate mounting holes so it would lign up the front skid plate holes no pics but u get the idea.
Onto the rear.
i started out by placing jack stand under the frame while jacking on the pumkin off the axle. I did the brake propartal valve relocater first as to not strech that out. I did one side at a time by first removing the u bolts and then the leaf spring pivot bolts and the shackle. Be carefull not damage the rear brake lines and the parking brake cable when taking out and putting in the leaf springs cuz there heavy!
heres one side apart
old vs. new leafs
i found out at this point that i didnt jack up the truck itself high enough on the jack stands to let the axle down far enough with jack on the pumkin. so after much swearing i figured that if i put a 4 inch block under the drum i was able to get the jack out from under the pumkin and put in under the axle shaft and let it down more to let the new leaf spring in.I put in the leafs by putting the pivot bolt in first then putting the shackles together and on the truck. make sure u lube up the pins with grease for the shackles first before u put them together. I got all of that snugged up and was about to put the center pin into the axle hole when i found out that the center pin on these leaf springs is about 2 inches forward of what the old ones whereagain! so i figured id loosin the u bolts on the other side to see if i could push it forward and sure shit it worked and was able to push the axle forward and get the leaf in the slot.Heres the rear halfway done.
another shot hereu can see how low the axle actually was
As u can see i had to cut the exhuast tip off. I didnt see why to drop the exhaust down 3 inchs just so it could get hung up on somthing...
I moved onto the other side and riped apart and put that together too. much faster then the other side.
how it looks at full drop without shocks.
when installing the rear shocks the bushings that the gave me i could not for the life of me press into the shocks and i dont know if ur supose to or not but i cut them in half. with a grinder with a cut offwheel.
heres pics off that
AND the final product is....... this!!
had to test out the flex a little....i like....
and my favorite pic i took so far with the new lift!
And thats that! the ride is a little stiff witch is to be expected with a brand new lift but i like it so far. the final measurements after the install is 39.5 inchs give or take a 1/8 inch around the hole truck from the concrete to the top of the wheel well witch is perfect. i love a level truck and thats what i wanted. overall total satsified with everything but its only been a day so will see. tomorow im getting it aligned but driving it now it seemes prety stable while turning no darting or anything. And best of all witch was somthing i was afraid is NO VIBRATIONS!!! up to 70mph witch is great. havent gone faster then that yet.
Not a detailed install but good enough i think. thanks for looking and post a coment if you have a question or anything.