Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Gonna Get A Lift (Have Questions about gas mileage and rubbing)

Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Gonna Get A Lift (Have Questions about gas mileage and rubbing)

Im going to buy the pro comp easy lift for the 5 lugger taco, and Im going to put 31's on the truck after..... what kind of gas mileage will i get on average, and will there be any rubbing with those tires after i put the lift on???
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift is it?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
31 isnt much bigger than stock is it?

id guess minimal rubbing if any. mabye 1-2 mpg loss, depending on driving style.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
31 isnt much bigger than stock is it?

id guess minimal rubbing if any. mabye 1-2 mpg loss, depending on driving style.
well i have a base 5 lugger, so i have P215 75 R15.....maybe its 70.. i dont remember.... i just want to make sure i dont F*** anything up because of rubbing...and was just curious about gas mileage
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
A tire that size won't rub anything. You only really have to start trimming stuff when you go up to a 285 (33") tire. The 31" tire might look a little small with a lift though.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
A tire that size won't rub anything. You only really have to start trimming stuff when you go up to a 285 (33") tire. The 31" tire might look a little small with a lift though.
31" on a 2.75" lift will look small? I figured it would fill the wheel well pretty well... it also recommended that size, one thing about lifts and tires is you can never tell what it will look like lol, not until the deed is done
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
xTaKoMA is on a distinguished road

Name: -RoGeR
xTaKoMA's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with a 33x12.5-18 on a 6" lift... As far as the MPG u might lose 3-4MPG depending on the tire u choose to go with
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTaKoMA View Post
I'd go with a 33x12.5-18 on a 6" lift... As far as the MPG u might lose 3-4MPG depending on the tire u choose to go with
gotta say, your truck looks sick... im very fond of the new front end...and the rims and lift you dropped in there look sweet!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #11

I forgot to mention that I'll be running my stock steel 5 lug rims with the bigger 31" tires and the 2.75" pro comp lift... would it rub then? I ask because the wheels are flush with the tires, as opposed to being sunk in
Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
xTaKoMA is on a distinguished road

Name: -RoGeR
xTaKoMA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, but No a friend of mine has that same set up like what u want and has no problems
Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #14

got another question... When putting the AAL on should i put grease at either end of the new AAL or just put it on dry?