Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking at new shocks/struts

Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
tato1989 is on a distinguished road
tato1989's Tacoma Gallery
looking at new shocks/struts

Im new to a tacoma, and looking to get new shocks and struts for an 05 pre-runner. Im mainly driving on highways, but anyways im looking at skyjackers. Any advice on which ones will work great on stock height prerunner. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tato1989 View Post
Im new to a tacoma, and looking to get new shocks and struts for an 05 pre-runner. Im mainly driving on highways, but anyways im looking at skyjackers. Any advice on which ones will work great on stock height prerunner. Thanks!
i have no experience with that brand,for a first time lift,or replacement schocks..most will recommend bilstein 5100,or old man emu...these choices are proved on a daily basis by just about everyone on this site.not sure what you're running now,but i can tell you that the bilstein 5100 would be a vast improvement over a stock set-up,even at stock ride height...you'll be amazed.i lifted my otherwise"stock" truck with the billies set at.85(first clip past stock ride height)i was involved with autocross for a few years,(77 celica/mustang svo/vw sirocco)those guys always raved about "bilstein and koni"...never heard anything about skyjacker....you may be making a bonified choice,but look into it a bit farther...billies make a good +1 set-up from stock,and they are humongus compared to what comes as stock on a tacoma...check out "downsouth motorsports",those guys know their stuff...doubt if they'd recommend skyjacker...jus sayin'.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
agreed, 5100s downsouth motorsports

Sonny is a suspension genius........a helluva great guy.........will NOT upsale you shit u dont need.......free shipping to most places.