LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #22
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Can you take another picture with the tire turned out so you can get the whole coilover unit in the pic?
yeah, i'll definitely get a picture and video today after i get out of school. thank you for all the suggestions and help!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #23
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
read this it might help. look at post #415

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post6350121
what's the main difference between the two?

Edit: oh how the 2 coils are bound up at the top! thats how mine are
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I want to know the outcome of this. Seems like alot of people have the "when goes over speed bump clank" issue. Most cases of this i have noticed are with nitrochargers, i thought it may be the shock reaching full extension to fast, but IIRC 5100s have a longer extended length than the nitros by over an inch, so this might not be the case. Good luck figuring this out, i would definitely like to see a video
Old 03-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
swaybar relocate blocks?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #26
Banned
prerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud of
prerantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Can you take another picture with the tire turned out so you can get the whole coilover unit in the pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
read this it might help. look at post #415

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post6350121

hmm.....

we need more pictures OP. please take a closeup of the top of the coil on the shock as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
swaybar relocate blocks?
2nd this. Sway bar hitting the spindle is probably what you hear.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #28

well my dad and i looked at the coils, how would it make a difference which way one is facing? that wouldn't make a difference in the way the coil works. my driver side is the "right" way and my passenger side is the "wrong" way and i hear the clunk from both sides so I'm still stumped. I'm going to be taking off the sway bar this weekend or tomorrow and tightening everything again. i'll try and get a video and pics tonight.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanFX View Post
I'm hoping thats what i hear!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #30
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Any marks on the coils from the sway bar possibly contacting them?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #31
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Did you install swaybar relocation blocks? If not, try and remove the swaybar completely and drive around.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #32

I haven't done the sway bar relocation yet, nor is there marks on the coils.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , did you loosen the LCA cam bolts during your lift install by any chance ?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanFX View Post
My swaybar is removed and I get a clunk.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , did you loosen the LCA cam bolts during your lift install by any chance ?
as in the LCA cams to do the alignment? yes, but i got an alignment the day after and one a few days ago to fix it all up. same clunk. :/
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #36

here's some pics of my suspension. probably going to go out and get a video in a little and have it up tonight.
sorry for the sideways pictures
Attached Thumbnails
OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!-photo-2-7.jpg   OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!-photo-3-6.jpg   OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!-photo-4-2.jpg   OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!-photo-1-7.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
here's some pics of my suspension. probably going to go out and get a video in a little and have it up tonight.
Hello Ryan
I am by far no expert in this. I have subbed this thread because I am getting ready to install this setup in my front end next weekend. So it is of interest to me.

From looking at you photos and comparing it to the photos referenced earlier in this thread of another post. Could it be possible that you have not tightened the nut down enough? To little compression of the bushings causing a gap when compression of the spring on up travel of your tire. Then on the down travel that gap is quickly decompressing and clanking as if the shock is topping out?

Just a thought.... I don't know.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #38
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
Your LR UCA washer ( SPC logo ) looks kinda cocked in between positions , might be the picture angle though
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #39
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I want to know the outcome of this. Seems like alot of people have the "when goes over speed bump clank" issue. Most cases of this i have noticed are with nitrochargers, i thought it may be the shock reaching full extension to fast, but IIRC 5100s have a longer extended length than the nitros by over an inch, so this might not be the case. Good luck figuring this out, i would definitely like to see a video
The 5100s are longer than ome's just a little bit. I switched from nitros to 5100s recently for this exact reason. I kept getting the bump clank issue. This is with just the 885. I had 886's before and it was way worse, felt like the nitros would split apart.
885+5100s, no clank and rides much smoother.

To the OP, im curious if you torqued the top hat shock nut all the way? Looks like the coil seat is on the right way.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #40

Ill definitely try to tighten that top nut down more. I'm open to any suggestion! Thanks for all the help guys.