Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #41
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFv-6RL6XmA

alright guys here's a video, 2 different angles. not very bright because it was almost getting dusk but it works for now i guess. will get a better one soon.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #42
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Your LR UCA washer ( SPC logo ) looks kinda cocked in between positions , might be the picture angle though
^^^^^
Old 03-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #43
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm almost positive it isn't! but it's worth a try, i'll check it out when i tear i apart.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #44
Thin Blue Line
Sport2012 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Sport2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
I've been searching all over the internet and tacomaworld especially, but i can't find anything that truly answers my question..I recently installed OME 885 coils with bilstein 5100's (set to 0) along with Light Racing UCA's to correct my alignment but i have a slight problem. it rides unusually stiff i feel like and going over normal parking lot speed bumps even at very slow speed the shocks top out? All i know is that its a massive bang/clunk sound from my front end on both sides right as i get over the crest of the speed bump. Does anyone have any input on how to fix this or why/what's going on?

Thanks in advance
-Ryan
I have a 2012 sport DCSB. I just installed the Toytec (TTHA-CK) 3" lift kit, 5100's w/Eibach coils and LR UCA's last week. I'm also having that same issue, over speed bumps or pot holes. It feels like the shocks dont have enough travel, either up or down i'm not sure. Hope someone can provide a solution. I am totally a novice at all of this, but it seems the problem is the shocks....
Is it possible that these 5100's are "maxed out" in length?
Or that their travel is restricted?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #45
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
Strut > Washer > Rubber mount > Top Hat > Rubber Mount > Washer > Nut

The Washers are concave and should cup the rubber mounts. I can see the tops are OK but if the underside ones are missing the washer the shock can push right through the rubber any time it wants.

I had this noise on my truck just on the drivers side and I believe it was because I had play in the top hat bolted to the strut. I had almost 1/4" less thread showing than the passenger side. When I would hit bumps it sounded like my strut was just flopping around in there.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #46

im pretty sure i have all the washer and rubber mounts in the right places. What do you mean exactly that you had play in the top hat bolted to the strut? like the top plate that has the 3 bolts to tighten to the strut mount on the frame?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
Pilot68 will become famous soon enough
Name: Jared
Pilot68's Tacoma Gallery
The bottom coil plate on the 5100 is probably upside down...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #48
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
steezemcqueen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot68 View Post
The bottom coil plate on the 5100 is probably upside down...
It looks like it is the correct way to me.

OP,

What is the measurement from the center of the hub up to the fender?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #49
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im pretty sure i have all the washer and rubber mounts in the right places. What do you mean exactly that you had play in the top hat bolted to the strut? like the top plate that has the 3 bolts to tighten to the strut mount on the frame?
The nut on the strut, not being tight all the way so when it was compressed it would move up and then back down and hit the washer and make noise.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezemcqueen View Post
It looks like it is the correct way to me.

OP,

What is the measurement from the center of the hub up to the fender?
about 24 inches
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #51
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
about 24 inches
With the 5100's @ 0 ?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #52

yes, i got a pretty big lift from the 885's. i expected it to be lower from what everyone says
Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #53

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes, i got a pretty big lift from the 885's. i expected it to be lower from what everyone says
Somethings not right
Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Somethings not right
crap, excuse my mistake i measured from the middle of the center cap on my wheel so it might be off. i'll remeasure.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #55
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
about 24 inches
I have the exact same setup, but mine is a 4x4.
hub to fender up front is 23 1/8" driver side, 23 1/4" passenger side.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #56

well i tried tightening the nut up, no luck
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #57

FOUND A FIX!!!!

Spray white grease, or maybe use graphite grease which is better and put it all around the bottom coil and on the bottom coil plate. The metal on metal contact with the spring moving there was making the noise. went over speed bumps again and it finally sounds normal like when it was stock!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #58
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
good to hear.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #59

alright never mind, grease ended up not working. the clunk came back...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Something is not right with your 24" hub to fender up front with just 885's providing the lift