Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!

I've been searching all over the internet and tacomaworld especially, but i can't find anything that truly answers my question..I recently installed OME 885 coils with bilstein 5100's (set to 0) along with Light Racing UCA's to correct my alignment but i have a slight problem. it rides unusually stiff i feel like and going over normal parking lot speed bumps even at very slow speed the shocks top out? All i know is that its a massive bang/clunk sound from my front end on both sides right as i get over the crest of the speed bump. Does anyone have any input on how to fix this or why/what's going on?

Thanks in advance
-Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
OME 885, 5100's, LR UCA Topping out?!-photo-3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think the stiffness is from using the 5100's instead of the nitrochargers.
also are you a double cab?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whoops, I'm an access cab. sorry, forgot to add that in.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
are you planning on adding any armor?
884's are what you want if you aren't gonna add armor.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

no armor, but i wanted to keep 3in up front since i hate rear rake lol, thats why i got 885's. but 885's and 884's have the same spring rate just taller right?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think so, the 885's are 10mm taller IIRC.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #7

i think you're right, i remember reading that somewhere also.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #8

anyone have any other ideas to fix this other than switching to 884's or nitrochargers? with all the research i did before buying the setup i never saw anyone have this problem. almost everyone said the ride was pretty darn good.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Did you make sure you put both bushing on the top of the shock?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david2011sr5 View Post
Did you make sure you put both bushing on the top of the shock?
i can only see one. Which could account for the clunk.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #11

yeah i ordered new bushings and put one under the top plate and one above just how it was stock. so none were left over. I'm stumped
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #12

wait you said both on top..?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you had this set up on? Mine did the same thing until they settled, lasted about a month, maybe a little longer.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #15

that could also be my problem, only been on for a little over a week.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #16

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
How long have you had this set up on? Mine did the same thing until they settled, lasted about a month, maybe a little longer.
They shouldn't make clunking noise.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2011sr5 View Post
They shouldn't make clunking noise.
maybe tomorrow if i have time i'll hook up my go pro up to my fender and show you guys exactly what it's doing. could maybe pinpoint something out.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take another picture with the tire turned out so you can get the whole coilover unit in the pic?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The coil might not be seated correctly