Notices

whats a cheap way to get 3-4" lift?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
wildwest4x4 is on a distinguished road
Army: firefighter/EMT
Name: jorgen
wildwest4x4's Tacoma Gallery
whats a cheap way to get 3-4" lift?

I have a 97 tacoma 4x4. I want to lift my truck the right way and actually get some performence out of it. Right now I have a 2.5" puck sitting in there but it rides like crap and is putting everything in a bad possition. before more things get ruined, i want to do something better. I was thinking a spindle lift but dont know much on them or how they ride or even if it will put everything in more of a stock possition. If you guys think thats a no go should I just do a full setup? if so whats a cheap way of going about it?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100 shocks is probably the cheapest. I think no spindles for you since youre 4x4.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=120&Itemid=72
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
AnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud of

AnTiFuBaR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest4x4 View Post
I have a 97 tacoma 4x4. I want to lift my truck the right way and actually get some performence out of it. Right now I have a 2.5" puck sitting in there but it rides like crap and is putting everything in a bad possition. before more things get ruined, i want to do something better. I was thinking a spindle lift but dont know much on them or how they ride or even if it will put everything in more of a stock possition. If you guys think thats a no go should I just do a full setup? if so whats a cheap way of going about it?
Spindles are only for Pre-Runners. Get the 5100's, get the friggen spacer out of there before you destroy your suspension.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
just get the billys? would i have to get new coils or just keep the stock? I do go off roading quite a bit. would they preform pretty well? I guess anything would be better than spacers.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
they also don't make spindles for 1st gens I don't think. mucho no bueno
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
AnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud of

AnTiFuBaR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just get the billys? would i have to get new coils or just keep the stock? I do go off roading quite a bit. would they preform pretty well? I guess anything would be better than spacers.
With stock coils and 5100s you're going to have less travel in the shock. If you off road a lot get new coils also.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
what coils should I run? and how much lift would that give me if any?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what coils should I run? and how much lift would that give me if any?
eibach coils will give you about 3.5" settling to 3" I think