LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

On a budget, want a lift

Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Is mod CraZy...
stevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to all

stevomac59's Tacoma Gallery
On a budget, want a lift

Im looking at getting a 3'' lift (suspension) but I do not which brand, or type to get. I have seen many different products, some with blocks, springs, etc, and I am confused. I want a good looking/noticeable lift, for a little off road action.

Thanks in advanced,

stevomac59
Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
type o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nice

type o negative's Tacoma Gallery
I would imagine most people would reccomend the Toytec Ultimate Package.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

Great lift, good quality.

PM Nuebs or Toytec for Discount.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
For a low-cost yet nice suspension lift I would look into the OME coil/ rear add a leaf package offered at toyteclifts.com. Since you have the double cab the Ome 885 coils would be right for you. Just remember that it is recommended to get new shocks for a better ride and aftermarket Upper Control Arms to correct the alignment issues Good luck bro!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTycoon View Post
For a low-cost yet nice suspension lift I would look into the OME coil/ rear add a leaf package offered at toyteclifts.com. Since you have the double cab the Ome 885 coils would be right for you. Just remember that it is recommended to get new shocks for a better ride and aftermarket Upper Control Arms to correct the alignment issues Good luck bro!
X2.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Say no to spacers and blocks...

the OME stuff is great and pretty affordable...
Old 02-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
On a budget? I'm looking at Bilstein 5100's in the front....AAL in the rear. Not much more affordable than that
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
On a budget? I'm looking at Bilstein 5100's in the front....AAL in the rear. Not much more affordable than that
Yeah that shouldn't be a hefty price at all!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
[eric] is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at the ultimate lift kit too, but i only wanted about a 2" lift. 2.5" max probably.

whats the ride like with this lift kit?
does anything else need replaced too, like UCA's?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #11
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

The toytec coilovers that come in the kit are pre-set to 2.5, at that setting the ride will be pretty nice. Well UCAs are not needed, however, if you choose not to purchase aftermarket UCAs such as Total Chaos UCAs you will never be able to correct the alignment fully. Good luck bud
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTycoon View Post
The toytec coilovers that come in the kit are pre-set to 2.5, at that setting the ride will be pretty nice. Well UCAs are not needed, however, if you choose not to purchase aftermarket UCAs such as Total Chaos UCAs you will never be able to correct the alignment fully. Good luck bud
thanks for the reply. i have noticed a lot of the guys here have total chaos uca's. I didnt see a price on their website. do you know how much they cost?

I have read here that a lift 3" or more needs the UCA upgraded too. Are you suggesting the same for 2.5" lift?

can some describe the ride quality in comparision to stock?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [eric] View Post
thanks for the reply. i have noticed a lot of the guys here have total chaos uca's. I didnt see a price on their website. do you know how much they cost?

I have read here that a lift 3" or more needs the UCA upgraded too. Are you suggesting the same for 2.5" lift?

can some describe the ride quality in comparison to stock?
I mean it is not "needed" on the 3in lift just highly recommended for alignment issues, I am not 100% on the 2.5 but I think it would still be a good idea to buy a pair of UCAs then you have no worries. As for the price you are looking anywhere between 650 and 750 for the UCAs. Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #15
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
man this lift stuff is pricey. why does everything fun have to cost so much.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevomac59 View Post
Thinking of getting this: BEST SELLER! 3" Lift With front coils & rear good? or not?
That is good except you are going to want the 885 coils since you have a double cab, but yea the ome 885 coil/ rear add a leaf package is a nice lift.