1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem/Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by masshole taco, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mar 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    masshole taco

masshole taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Daddy
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport
    Fox 2.5 C/O's Fox 2.0 rear shocks Total Chaos UCA Trifecta Tonneau Cover K&N FIPK Sirius Satellite Radio Toyota OEM roof rack Wet Okole Seat Covers Homer Taco Custom Grill w/ M1 Mesh and Toyota Emblem
    So I adjusted my Fox 2.5 C/O's..Not much 4 turns on the driver side and 3 turns on the passenger side...Anyway, after I did that I brought it down to the local tire place to get it aligned...After I got it aligned I noticed I was rubbing on some plastic... trimmed it away but last night i was backing up cut the wheel to the left and it sounded like I was rubbi9ng again... Went out there today with my buddy and I"m not rubbing on anything...sounds like it's a CV joint or ball joint??? Anybody ever have this problem??? THoughts on what it could be??

Also I noticed that after I adjusted it's a lot more bumpier ride.literally it feels like I can feel every frost heave in the road..

Thoughts?

Also if i cut the wheel and drive forward i don't hear it... Only in reverse???

2. Mar 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    How much does "4 turns" lift the CO's? Sounds like to me you have too much preload on them

3. Mar 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    masshole taco

masshole taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Daddy
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport
    Fox 2.5 C/O's Fox 2.0 rear shocks Total Chaos UCA Trifecta Tonneau Cover K&N FIPK Sirius Satellite Radio Toyota OEM roof rack Wet Okole Seat Covers Homer Taco Custom Grill w/ M1 Mesh and Toyota Emblem
    Well after driving it for about 100 miles I realized 4 turns was way too much.. It drove super stiff so I cranked it bakc and just went up two turns on both sides from where it was originally.. little more stiff then the original ride but not bad at all.. Anyway.. as far as the rubbing quesiton I have it turns out after I did the original crank and had it aligned the cranked my camber/tow down.. it was at like 3 and of course they had it all at 0 which caused my 285's to rub the frame at full cut.. driving me crazy.. anyway they adjusted both sides to 3 and no more rub.. alightment place said it will wear the tires evenly so I didn't see any bad things of doing that..

Products Discussed in

To Top