Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift components

Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
lift components

I'm new to the Tacoma and trying to figure out what type of lift to buy. The more I research, the more I get conflicting information. I won't be taking this rig off road much, other than back in the woods to the deer stand, and will be my daily driver.

I'm stuck between the OME lift and mixing brands. If I do go with the mixed, I have this picked out.

5100s with OME 885 coils
Dakar springs with 5100s with new ubolts

That comes to 1033$

How will the truck sit with that setup? I can't seem to find pics, but I don't want a lot of rake' just an inch or two higher in the rear to pull a trailer with a couple ATVs.

I'm open to suggestions, I want to do this right the first time. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If your gonna do OME coils and leaf pack then get entire OME kit. That's a solid setup that will meet all of your needs. Also be aware you willing probably need aftermarket ucas to keep your alignment in spec
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly is the difference between the dakars and the aal? Just ride quality? How much different are the two? I don't mind spending the money if its worth it, but its a small difference, I'll keep the coin from my small military paycheck lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The aal just another leaf to add to your current leaf pack, it will get you the lift you desire for a time eventually though it will begin to sag.

The dakars are a whole new leaf pack that give you 3 inches of lift. They are great for towing and will last for a very long time.

I put a icon 3 leaf aal on my truck about 20,XXX miles ago and it has started to sag a bit lately. I'll either be getting the Dakar leaf pack or the allpro leaf pack in the future.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
So with the rear already sitting higher than the front, wouldn't the 3" from the dakars and the 2.5" for the front give it a ton of rake?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
No. Not as bad as you would think. The dakars will settle a bit too every leaf pack does its just the nature if the beast. There are tons of thread dealing with the OME lift looks round you'll find them.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Read this guys build. He has before and after pics with his OME lift http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ble-build.html
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
5100s with OME 885 coils
Dakar springs with 5100s with new ubolts

That comes to 1033$
Is this the price installed or no? if not full OME setup is only $1200 and would be smarter since OME springs are designed for OME shocks
Old 03-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Read this guys build. He has before and after pics with his OME lift http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ble-build.html
Perfect, thanks