Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Drive line vibes after lift

Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Drive line vibes after lift

Ok so I hate to beat a dead horse but it seems like there are quite a few reasons for driveline vibrations after lifting. I had 4" spindles up front with a 2" block in the rear and had absolutely zero vibes. I recently upgraded and added a 2.5" upper coil spring spacer and replaced the 2" block with a 4" block. Now I get vibration when I'm at a dead stop and mash on the gas pedal until around 20 mph. Only when I really get on it do I feel the vibes and have no other issues at any other speeds. I am 2wd pre runner so I'm thinking cb drop? Anything else any of you guys could recommend?? Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
I see lots of bro lean in that pic! spacers and blocks too huh?

anyway, start with your carrier bearing. prolly the only way to cure that is to add a washer to it, drive a week, then add another and rinse/repeat until it goes away. the shaft is very sensitive to minor changes in angle, doesnt take much for it to be in tune or out of tune.

past that, your looking at a 1 piece driveshaft mod.

everyones truck around here is different with what kind of vibes they end up with apparently. some get fixed, and some just have to live with it. good luck sir.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
I see lots of bro lean in that pic! spacers and blocks too huh?

anyway, start with your carrier bearing. prolly the only way to cure that is to add a washer to it, drive a week, then add another and rinse/repeat until it goes away. the shaft is very sensitive to minor changes in angle, doesnt take much for it to be in tune or out of tune.

past that, your looking at a 1 piece driveshaft mod.

everyones truck around here is different with what kind of vibes they end up with apparently. some get fixed, and some just have to live with it. good luck sir.
That pic is when I only had the maxtrac spindles and a two inch block.....I haven't updated my sig yet but yeah I'm gonna try the washers out
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #5

And the reason I have spacers and blocks is because I didn't want to spend 2 grand on my lift to drive it on the road......to each their own but my truck rides just fine for me especially coming from diesels with 8"+ of lift
Old 06-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
I only put 265/70/17s and a 2" leveling kit now I have a "bro lean" how do I even it out??????
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
add a leaf in the back...your rake must not have been more than 2"...I just placed 5100s on mine and 1.5" leaf in rear and I am about 1" lower in the front where I was about 2" lower in the front before...so I gained 1" in bro lean effect from the lift...also the front will settle a bit after you drive it and it sits for a few days...parking mine nose down on the drive way (putting gravity and weight on the nose) dropped the initial lift height 1" in 2 days...when i first installed I got 3 1/4" lift in front from but it settled in 3 days to about 2" which is nice!

I am getting slight vibrations at low acceleration though so i OP if you read this, did you ever get a fix for it?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #9

Never did figure it out I just live with it but the truck is sold now so no worries
Old 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetTaco4Me View Post
add a leaf in the back...your rake must not have been more than 2"...I just placed 5100s on mine and 1.5" leaf in rear and I am about 1" lower in the front where I was about 2" lower in the front before...so I gained 1" in bro lean effect from the lift...also the front will settle a bit after you drive it and it sits for a few days...parking mine nose down on the drive way (putting gravity and weight on the nose) dropped the initial lift height 1" in 2 days...when i first installed I got 3 1/4" lift in front from but it settled in 3 days to about 2" which is nice!

I am getting slight vibrations at low acceleration though so i OP if you read this, did you ever get a fix for it?
Thanks.