Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885 and 5100

Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Blouder is on a distinguished road
Blouder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
you might wanna considering setting that spring seat to the lowest level and get the small top plate spacer, this will improve ride for you
That's a good idea. I have the top plate spacer still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
OP you have your 5100s set to .85 with OME 885s?
Yes, I have a double cab with a v6.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 885's with 5100's for almost 5 years now and still feel great!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
I've had my 885's with 5100's for almost 5 years now and still feel great!
Good to know!! I just finished picking up the rest of my lift...
885x's with 5100's front and back and 2" toytec AAL (for now), LR UCA's

Pumped to get everything on!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Good to know!! I just finished picking up the rest of my lift...
885x's with 5100's front and back and 2" toytec AAL (for now), LR UCA's

Pumped to get everything on!!
Pretty much the same setup I started out with but I have the old 885's and I have TC UCA's and installed ICON rear reservoir shocks I won from DSMS.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Pretty much the same setup I started out with but I have the old 885's and I have TC UCA's and installed ICON rear reservoir shocks I won from DSMS.
Nice! Yeah eventually dakars and we'll see what else.

Now to make up my mind on some wheels and tires
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #26
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Nice! Yeah eventually dakars and we'll see what else.

Now to make up my mind on some wheels and tires
Are you getting the top plate spacers too?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Are you getting the top plate spacers too?
Yes, got them. And the sway bar relocate. Not sure if its needed.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Yes, got them. And the sway bar relocate. Not sure if its needed.
Okay cool. I dont have the sway bar relocate kit but I'm sure it wont harm anything. I did install the diff drop kit though.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Okay cool. I dont have the sway bar relocate kit but I'm sure it wont harm anything. I did install the diff drop kit though.
I'm waiting to see what I need after I lift it. Diff drop, carrier bearing... I'm an LB and from what I've read, I should be ok due to the length.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I'm waiting to see what I need after I lift it. Diff drop, carrier bearing... I'm an LB and from what I've read, I should be ok due to the length.
The diff drop kit isnt required but I just got it anyways for peace of mind and I got no vibrations before I installed them cause I put them on a couple months after I lifted.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
The diff drop kit isnt required but I just got it anyways for peace of mind and I got no vibrations before I installed them cause I put them on a couple months after I lifted.
Probably do the same... It's a 13' so I don't want any issues.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Probably do the same... It's a 13' so I don't want any issues.
Yeah I hear yah and the diff drop kits are pretty cheap.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #33
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The OP shouldnt have the 5100's at .85
If he had them set at 0" the 885's should work perfect and not top out.
Add the 1/4 spacer to fix taco lean.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTRD View Post
This ^ ^
Old 04-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTRD View Post
Thats true but if he wants the full 3" of lift up front he will have to add the top plate spacers. I believe the 885's only give 2.5" of lift and not a full 3".
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #36
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Thats true but if he wants the full 3" of lift up front he will have to add the top plate spacers. I believe the 885's only give 2.5" of lift and not a full 3".
This ^

Might do a 1/2" spacer (approx 3/4") on drive side then 1/4" on pass. side.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This ^

This is what I am toying with also.....either just using a 1/4" on driver for lean..... OR doing what you described for lean and a boost.

Being an Access cab I may not need them for a full 3" but after seeing Pacmac's thread a while back I'll prob go with the combo and get a full 3" of lift. Just worried bout those vibes the higher I go.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #38
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
This ^

I'm not sure if they have 1/2" spacers but OME makes what they call a trimmer pack and I believe its on toytecs website but I know people that have added the top plate spacers and just installed that trimmer pack to help with the Taco lean. To be honest with you the Taco lean doesnt even bother me.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #39
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure if they have 1/2" spacers but OME makes what they call a trimmer pack and I believe its on toytecs website but I know people that have added the top plate spacers and just installed that trimmer pack to help with the Taco lean. To be honest with you the Taco lean doesnt even bother me.
5mm trim packer only works with OME shocks
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
5mm trim packer only works with OME shocks
Ohhh I totally forgot about that! Good looking out!