Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Heard you can have a lot of problems lifting the truck

Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
BigHoss is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
BigHoss's Tacoma Gallery
Heard you can have a lot of problems lifting the truck

I have debated whether or not to lift my 06 crew sport I would do nothing bigger than a 3 inch lift but I heard it can be really hard on the truck. What lift would recommend? Would I need all new suspension?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Front coils / shocks, rear leaf pack or add a leaf or blocks. If you lift the front higher than 2.5" it's a hit or miss that you will need new UCAs to get alignment in specs, that means if you think you'll be fine go for it, if the caster is out of spec you'll need new UCAs. There are lots of good vendors on the site for suspension components, check Toytec and downsouthmotorsports
Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my full 3" OME lift on for almost a year with LR UCA's and haven't had one problem out of it. The truck actually handles better than stock.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
BigHoss is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
BigHoss's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has a RC 5 inch on his tundra and he loves it what do you think about a RC 2.5 or 3 in heard any rumors?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
My buddy has a RC 5 inch on his tundra and he loves it what do you think about a RC 2.5 or 3 in heard any rumors?
If you're referring to the Rough Country 3" lift, I wouldn't touch it. That kit uses lifting blocks for the rear and top plate spacers for the front. I would recommend getting your lift from either a replacement leaf pack or an AAL for the rear and lift coils for the front. Spacers and blocks can cause the truck to ride like crap and has the potential to cause damage to your truck.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
I have debated whether or not to lift my 06 crew sport I would do nothing bigger than a 3 inch lift but I heard it can be really hard on the truck. What lift would recommend? Would I need all new suspension?

Welcome to TW Jake,
here is a link that has a lot of lift resources and such.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/