1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upcoming Modification Ideas... Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Imagine7721, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    Imagine7721

Imagine7721 [OP] UNDESTRUCTABLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate w/ Total Chaos UCA, All-Pro Offroad Front and Rear plate bumpers, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
    so, here is what I am thinking:
    toytec lifts 3" Ultimate lift kit with the bilstein 5100's
    total chaos UCA's

Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated!
    Anything else that is needed/recommended for a 3" lift on an 06 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab?

Endstate is to add Shrockworks front winch bumper and rock sliders (I like the rock sliders because they are understated but functional, not just steps added for looks).
    Looking at wheels and tires too, but first things first! :D

2. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    That's the setup I'm running and I love it. Great choice!

3. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    I think you got just about everything covered!

4. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Sounds like a good setup -- I would personally spring for the OME shocks.. :D

5. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    If you get the OME shocks, get the OME springs too.

6. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    Imagine7721

Imagine7721 [OP] UNDESTRUCTABLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate w/ Total Chaos UCA, All-Pro Offroad Front and Rear plate bumpers, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
    What's the price difference between the billys and OME?
    Is the quality significantly better and is it worth the extra cash?
    I've got some time to shop around, and I want to do it right.

7. Feb 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & Icon 2.5 rear shocks on RXT springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, Tom Woods Driveshaft, SpiderTrax spacers, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, URD MAF, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot, driving & fog, bed mat, debadged & EBC Stage 4 rotors and pads
    You might want to consider the amount of weight you may be adding with a winch and bumper. Some guys have developed a front end sag with the added weight on soft springs. The reason why is that the spring rate isn't set up for the typical extra 100-200 lbs in added weight. The folks at ToyTec can help you with that stuff. Sounds like a nice set up and wish you good luck with the install.

Products Discussed in

To Top