Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Learned a good lesson today; attention to detail.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Pew Professional
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Learned a good lesson today; attention to detail.

Had a major brain fart today, I'm sure someone has done it before just thot I'd share.

Installed my 5100s today. Real easy procedure using the LCA method. Visually I knew something was off cause I measured that I got a 4.5 inch lift.. Lol. Stupidly I drove, thinking it was the springs that just needed to settle. The truck was BOUNCYYY as heck.
Alignment shop did their job n reset the camber etc. drive home n really noticed something was wrong. The struts maxed out and clunked.

Anyways. I got home n decided to recheck everything. The UCAs were on the springs and the suspension still maxed out. Knowing there's no possible way everything was right I pulled a wheel off and low and behold, right away I saw the problem! I had put the spring perches on upside down! What a bonehead mistake... -____- lol I'm so irritated with myself.

Regardless, I swapped em around, adjusted the alignment cams and now she sits PERFECT. 5100s are at 1.75.

Lesson learned; pay attention to detail!
Hope no one else does the sane after reading this lol.

Disclaimer: it's okay to flame me, I deserve it haha
Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen it done before, granted the mistake was caught before the install was finished.