Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift help TSB trying to level out truck

Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
CRONKED TaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
CRONKED TaCo's Tacoma Gallery
Lift help TSB trying to level out truck

Hey guys i have the rear tsb and was wondering if I should use a two inch lift block or a one inch. If i use the one inch block i will be exactly level, but if i use the two inch block i will get the rake i want. So my question is will i have to use longer brake lines with a two inch block and tsb?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to take it off roading? Why do you want to add a block? They provide horrible road manners and are bad for the springs. Why not just get a AAL?

No I wouldn't say you need longer brake lines.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely. There might even be a 1.5" if you'd like
Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Absolutely. There might even be a 1.5" if you'd like
Yep toytec sells a 1.5" AAL for TSB leaf packs
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
des0011 is on a distinguished road
des0011's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wanting to do a 2" leveling kit on my truck. Any issues that anyone knows of with that. I plan on using the skyjacker kit.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by des0011 View Post
I'm wanting to do a 2" leveling kit on my truck. Any issues that anyone knows of with that. I plan on using the skyjacker kit.
Go with bilstein 5100s instead of a spacer lift, check out the suspension sub forum or try searching 5100s. Spacer lifts can cause your shock to bottom out before the bumpstops stop uptravel, spacer lifts have been known to snap and bend shocks if you offroad
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Yep toytec sells a 1.5" AAL for TSB leaf packs
even smoother, downsouth motorsports offers the Icon progressive AAL..... 1.5" without overload, or 2" with overload.

much smoother ride than a single aal.....I am glad I had both, now I can say I have felt the difference first hand.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
I did a 3 leaf progressive AAL, from Wheelers(no TSB) left over load in gives me a slight rake, with front setting at 1.75, I'd stay away from blocks. The ride is softer then OEM, and I can hook up my 4-wheeler trailer ,with no bro-lean
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
des0011 is on a distinguished road
des0011's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice, any idea on what setting to use to level it out. I'm going to be putting an ARB Bull Bar on at some time so I'll probably need to go a little high to account for the sag.