Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FJ Cruiser with ICON's smoked me on a fireroad..... Why????

Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #41
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Another thing to concider is the speed... sometimes faster is better. Around here the fire roads get rough with wash board and you get a better ride at around 30 mph.
This is true...faster is smoother as you don't fall all the way into the next divet, you skip over the top. Myth Busters did a demonstration of this a few years ago...on my phone, but you can look it up.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #42
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
ICON has some pretty cool stuff for the Tacoma. They just released a bunch of new parts like bolt on rear bumpstops
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #43
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Icons. However, if I were to do it again, I would most likely go with Kings as they aren't as proprietary when it comes to valving, springs, and rebuilding ( based on my understanding).
When I first got my OME lift, I was blown away by how much better it was than stock. The diffefence was just as great, if not more when I upgraded to Icons. I was on a powerline rd out by Barstow. It was close to sunset and I had no offroad lights at the time. There were solid mile stretches where I was between 60-70 mph and it rode great , except for the surpise ruts.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #44
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=The Traveler;6611320]What color FJ? If it was green, I know exactly who that was I live 2 miles from Holy Jim, so needless to say I've driven it 100's of times, with different suspension setups.

Stock SR5 Tokico shocks - 10-15mph TOPS otherwise you'll rattles your brains loose.

Bilstein 5100's and TRD OR springs - 20-25mph but you'll still feel all the washboard.

Icon ext. travel remote resi coilovers with uniball UCA's, Icon 2.0 rear resi shocks, no sway bar - 45-60mph at 25psi and it's like a damn Cadillac.

I was stupid one day when the road was pretty empty for a quarter mile stretch, potholes, washboard, ruts...I hit 60mph and didn't feel a THING. Gotta love digressive shocks.

I DO NOT CONDONE DOING THIS...that is a very popular road for hikers and mountain bikers...I was stupid and wont ever do it again. But for the sake of the OP knowing, yes coilovers make a huge difference over stock suspension.

Sped up video of me on the trail at safe speeds. Playback is at 1.75x speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtWwcmfsLE[/QUOTE]
I love the video man that shit is pretty dope