Notices

2013 DCSB Lift Options

Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
LTCal is on a distinguished road
Army: ACO 3-116 CAB 1PT PL
Name: Cal
LTCal's Tacoma Gallery
2013 DCSB Lift Options

Please bare with me guys im a pretty new and ive been doing a lot of research. Heres what im after.

I want 3'' of lift to run a tire as close to 33x12.5x17, perhaps 285x70x17 (Id love some imput on this)

Im a guy who will spent a lot of time offroad, this doesnt mean im going to be doing any hardcore wheeling. More so need my truck to get me there and get me out. Im looking at the toytec lift, 3" Lift With front coils & rear options. I want your opinions on this as im going to be running an ARB bumper with winch so im thinking the 886's? Do i need the top plate spacers?

Im thinking the 2'' AALs in the rear for sure. Can i still run my stock bilstein shocks?

Thanks for the help guys i need a mentor!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Why not run a full OME kit with Dakars and run 285/70/17s with some trimming
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
886s are not reccomened on Billies.
Go all OME if you're getting an ARB bumper.
OME is made by ARB & the 886s are made to support the ARB bumper.
Stock shocks will not have the proper travel with an AAL or new leaf pack.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Why not run a full OME kit with Dakars and run 285/70/17s with some trimming
I've personally ran this setup (except I had 285/70/16 and running 255/85/16 now) and suggest it. I wouldn't suggest any top plate spacers with 886s and I would suggest new shocks. The OME shocks were made for the front coils and rear dakar leaf pack.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I've personally ran this setup (except I had 285/70/16 and running 255/85/16 now) and suggest it. I wouldn't suggest any top plate spacers with 886s and I would suggest new shocks. The OME shocks were made for the front coils and rear dakar leaf pack.
Well since he has 17s, he could run 255/80/17
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
LTCal's Tacoma Gallery
Okay im looking hard at what you guys are saying here. What are the advantages of the OME lift versus the one i brought up earlier?

If i go with the OME, do i choose 886s,top place spacer (or if i go with the 886s im thinking i dont need the spacer), AALs, front diff drop kit?

Are UCAs going to be a concern i need to think about?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #7

OME is better.. Depending on your price range go with 886s, no spacer, and Dakar leaf pack. As far as UCAs I would just go with LR UCAs. All in all it will be around $1500-1600 and you will have a solid set up
Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
LTCal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OME is better.. Depending on your price range go with 886s, no spacer, and Dakar leaf pack. As far as UCAs I would just go with LR UCAs. All in all it will be around $1500-1600 and you will have a solid set up
Appeciate your help a lot thank you
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #9

Welcome
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCal View Post
Okay im looking hard at what you guys are saying here. What are the advantages of the OME lift versus the one i brought up earlier?

If i go with the OME, do i choose 886s,top place spacer (or if i go with the 886s im thinking i dont need the spacer), AALs, front diff drop kit?

Are UCAs going to be a concern i need to think about?
Quote:
What Corey said^
No diff drop
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Cal, get the LR UCA
thats what i did on mine and they were easy to install and worked awesome.
stay away from the spacer's if you can.
let me know if when you get your stuff i can help install the uca if you need.