LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Strut Compressor

Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
cfenn will become famous soon enough
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
Strut Compressor

Who makes one that will work with out scaring me to death. I broke 2 of them last night trying to get the stock springs off Or do I just take them somewhere and have them swapped?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
take it somewhere... it's worth the 40ish bucks...
Old 02-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
These are nice, but your gonna pay:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5ML75
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
go do a loan a tool at a local advanced auto or auto zone
Old 02-13-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
Yeah I have done that before they are a bit on the scary side. I bought one from Napa for $85 it lasted about 3 min
Old 02-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Take them somewhere, definitely worth it.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
do NOT do this...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
do NOT do this...
X2......with more enthusiasim.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #10
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2......with more enthusiasim.
me and eddie did in under my carport w/ success.....whats the dilly?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Mayor of TW

It's really REALLY dangerous... only people who should use those are trained professionals... especially with the stronger OME coils...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #12

oooooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy.......me and brandon used em to do the spacer lift on my 07 too....as long as u know what to do, they're fine.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
oooooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy.......me and brandon used em to do the spacer lift on my 07 too....as long as u know what to do, they're fine.
Key words right here. I know of quite a few peopl ewho have been hurt trying to compress the Tacoma springs with these things.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #15
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
Had ZERO issues when I first put on my 5100's but now it is a different story. Not my fist time to work on suspenion and I know how to use tools. Going to take them to a shop this time
Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #16
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
i p/u a set from carparts.com, they are pvc coated and looks durable.
Good luck