Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

>>>>>>> Lift kit HELP! <<<<<<<

Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a list from Manwithoutaplan on why the 6 inch lift is crap. Here it goes

Con's
1. If you are 4x4 you have to cut a cross member to fit the drive shaft.
2. You do not gain any travel from stock.
3. You diff hang lower than the front member.
4. The Pro comp shocks are stiff as hell including the block.
5. You get shit constantly for having db lift.

Pro's
1 cv joints are level if you are 4x4
2. Spindle is stronger than Stock.
3. With 35's you have to do some form of triming
Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
6" lifts are typically for looks. If you offroad and want a stable feeling (not too top heavy) when flexing or on a off cambered turn, 3" lift is where it is at.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Here is a list from Manwithoutaplan on why the 6 inch lift is crap. Here it goes

Con's
1. If you are 4x4 you have to cut a cross member to fit the drive shaft.
2. You do not gain any travel from stock.
3. You diff hang lower than the front member.
4. The Pro comp shocks are stiff as hell including the block.
5. You get shit constantly for having db lift.

Pro's
1 cv joints are level if you are 4x4
2. Spindle is stronger than Stock.
3. With 35's you have to do some form of triming
High center of gravity
Gains of ground clearance are minimal

Looks tits though.. GL in your search.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
Trx450R is on a distinguished road
Trx450R's Tacoma Gallery
Ow really that's sucks! Well you having me switch to a 3" lift lol... But what's like a really good 3 inch lift? And if I run 33 inch tires do I need to do some trimming?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with everything Homiewithoutaplan has said
Old 03-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
Trx450R's Tacoma Gallery
Can Somone tell if this Tacoma are 3 inch lift or 6 inch if anyone can give a guess.

First one

Second one

Third one
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
Trx450R's Tacoma Gallery
What about first can you tell? I wish it's like a 3 inch if it is that doesn't look to bad
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trx450R View Post
Can Somone tell if this Tacoma are 3 inch lift or 6 inch if anyone can give a guess.

First one

That guy has a 6" Pro Comp lift. Post #46

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post906495
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
The last 2 pics looks to be the same truck
Actually they're two different trucks!

Second one:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-started.html

Third one has a 6" Pro comp.
http://cars.oodle.com/view/2009-toyo...scottsdale-az/
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
Hippynotions is on a distinguished road
Hippynotions's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trx450R View Post
Ow really that's sucks! Well you having me switch to a 3" lift lol... But what's like a really good 3 inch lift? And if I run 33 inch tires do I need to do some trimming?
Im working on saving the cash but im going with the OME 2/12 inch lift kit with nitrogen charged shocks and then ill add the 3/8 spacer and get a little bit more and new upper control arms so total will probably be around 1900$ Canadian. From what i have read about its a really good lift.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #37
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
so you do have a truck?