Notices

Temp. Lift Solution

View Poll Results: Worth it or not...
Yes 10 31.25%
No 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Temp. Lift Solution

i know a lot of people don't like the spacer lifts but this would only be temporary so i can fit the tires i want now and save up for the ome coilover lift later. i can get this NIB for 130 + shipping...

PART # TAC 04 3AD
1995.5 - 2004 TACOMA 4X4 V6 OR 4 CYLINDER
STANDARD CAB, EXTRA CAB, OR DOUBLE CAB.

COMPLETE 3 INCH LIFT KIT
WITH FRONT DIFFERENTIAL DROP KIT
AND PRO COMP ADD-A-LEAFS

NO SPRING COMPRESSOR OR SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED

This kit comes complete with the following
A. ( 2 ) 3 inch front lift strut spacers and all required hardware.
B. ( 2 ) PRO COMP add-a-leafs and new centering pins/ bolts.
C. ( 2 ) 1" Front differential drop spacers and required hardware.
D. ( 1 ) Rear brake proportioning valve extension bracket.
Complete step by step installation instruction with pictures.
And our Tech Support Ph # is posted on the home page if you have a question.

The complete kit only takes about 3 1/2 hrs. to install.

In most cases your stock rear shocks will work, But for the best ride
and handling on and off road longer rear shocks are recommended.

As with any lift a front end alignment is required after installation.

3" LIFT
KIT $169.99
S/H $ 20.00
TOTAL $189.99

California residents
Subject to 7.75% TX

Please read shipping
policy below

worth it???
Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
perhaps a poll will generate more interest...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
it seems like most people have been paying upwards of 7-800 for everything for their 3" lift...

i was thinking with this i could at least have the look of the 3" lift for now if not the functionality and maybe allow me to get parts for the good lift a little at a time....

if i have this on then i can save up for new/longer shocks and put them on with this lift... then save for the coilovers.... save for tires....etc. does this make sense?

maybe do a bit of the good lift at a time.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
it seems like most people have been paying upwards of 7-800 for everything for their 3" lift...

i was thinking with this i could at least have the look of the 3" lift for now if not the functionality and maybe allow me to get parts for the good lift a little at a time....

if i have this on then i can save up for new/longer shocks and put them on with this lift... then save for the coilovers.... save for tires....etc. does this make sense?

maybe do a bit of the good lift at a time.
You don't have wheels & tires yet?

You gotta wait until you have bigger wheels & tires. That 3" lift will look funny with stock sized tires.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That lift you have posted will destroy your ball joints in very little time. If your lucky. If your unlucky, it will F up much more than that.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Just dont do any offroading with the spacer lift.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
whats wrong with a sapacer lift?
and why shouldnt u do off roading?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
whats wrong with a sapacer lift?
and why shouldnt u do off roading?
There are two different types of spacer lifts.

1) Spacer that is mounted INSIDE the coil assembly

2) Spacer that is mounted ONTOP (outside of) the coil assembly

The lift kit you posted is a #2 which mounts ontop and outside the coil assembly. Those types of spacer lifts are probably the worst front lift kit you can buy for a variety of reasons which are somewhat hard to explain but the folks have already touched on the details slightly.

If you're gonna go with a spacer lift - you're much better off getting one that goes inside the coil assembly and requires you to compress the coils to install it.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Dont settle for less..only settle for the best and if you cant afford the best then wait until you can!! It will be worth it in the end...trust me!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Dont do what I did! I got a spacer lift figuring I would save $. But It just wore my shocks/springs out. My ride sucks now, stiff as hell! and now Im spending even more on C/O's and new UCA's. which is what I should of saved up for in the first place!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
There are two different types of spacer lifts.

1) Spacer that is mounted INSIDE the coil assembly

2) Spacer that is mounted ONTOP (outside of) the coil assembly

The lift kit you posted is a #2 which mounts ontop and outside the coil assembly. Those types of spacer lifts are probably the worst front lift kit you can buy for a variety of reasons which are somewhat hard to explain but the folks have already touched on the details slightly.

If you're gonna go with a spacer lift - you're much better off getting one that goes inside the coil assembly and requires you to compress the coils to install it.
so is it like weaker
weaker as in the mounting bolts break off if u hit somthing hard enough?
thats the only thing i can think of
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #15
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so is it like weaker
weaker as in the mounting bolts break off if u hit somthing hard enough?
thats the only thing i can think of
Nope...not really.

It has to do with overall suspension downtravel & upper/lower A- arms.

If you never offroad - I'm sure you'll be fine.

When the coil is ontop (outside the coil assembly) -the entire suspension is lowered and the down travel is increased which causes both the upper & lower A-arms to operate at extreme angles causing extreme wear on the balljoints & gawd knows what else.

When the spacer is inside the coil assembly - the suspension travel is basically the same as stock and keeps the upper/lower A-arms in their stock locations (relatively) = less wear on ball joints.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Nope...not really.

It has to do with overall suspension downtravel & upper/lower A- arms.

If you never offroad - I'm sure you'll be fine.

When the coil is ontop (outside the coil assembly) -the entire suspension is lowered and the down travel is increased which causes both the upper & lower A-arms to operate at extreme angles causing extreme wear on the balljoints & gawd knows what else.

When the spacer is inside the coil assembly - the suspension travel is basically the same as stock and keeps the upper/lower A-arms in their stock locations (relatively) = less wear on ball joints.
wouldnt the upper and lower a arms be in the same position with the inside coil spacer as with the outside strut spacer?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
I ran one for a while, I wouldnt get a 3 inch, 2 inch and you should be good, I had mine on for like a year and had no problems, ride was a little on the soft side, but it fit the tires I wanted, if you abouse your truck off road, then yeah its gonna break something but if its for the street you should be good. oh and once i got my coilovers I sold the stock assemblies w/spacers and got my money back
Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wouldnt the upper and lower a arms be in the same position with the inside coil spacer as with the outside strut spacer?
At rest.....Essentially Yes. If you never take the truck offroad - you'd probably be fine.

If you take it offroad and allow the suspension to droop - that's where the problems can begin. Over-extending the ball joints....
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #19

Quote:
At rest.....Essentially Yes. If you never take the truck offroad - you'd probably be fine.

If you take it offroad and allow the suspension to droop - that's where the problems can begin. Over-extending the ball joints....
ooooooooohhhhhhhhh
i still dont understand
sorry
i kno what ur saying but i dont see how its really any diffrent
Old 02-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ooooooooohhhhhhhhh
i still dont understand
sorry
i kno what ur saying but i dont see how its really any diffrent
Actually, the A arms wont be in the same position. The Top spacer posted will lengthen the strut assembly, so the A arms wont be in their respective positions. As the strut is now longer than it was, the suspension will now have the ability to "Over extend", which is now going to enter in the chance of the front shocks breaking (just ask 06Bluez), and destroying your ball joints, as they are now the limiting factor in how long the suspension can travle downward.