1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Stage 1 + Air Bags?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by littleblue81, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mar 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hello,

I'm trying to think through suspension upgrades for a Tacoma. My original plan was to get 5100's all the way around with the front set to 0 (with Eibachs) and then get Firestone Air Bags for the occasional towing that I will do. I'm only looking to get about 1.75in of lift and from what I hear the air bags will provide an inch or so with minimal pressure (and they aren't supposed to be run empty).

Do the air bags limit the rear suspension in anyway? The only thing I've heard is if you have a longer shock you can rip the bag at full droop. With the rear shocks that come with the stage 1, will there be any problems? Not only that, but if it will limit the rear suspension in any way that it would be a waste of money.

Also, when it comes time to rebuild the shocks, what is the procedure? Can any shop do that for you in a day or do you have to send the shocks back to icon and have them rebuild?

I honestly wouldn't be doing that much off roading but from the reviews I've been reading the ride on the street is much improved as well.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. Mar 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well, if anyone is interested I called Icon today. They were pretty helpful and said that there should be no problems running their rear shocks along with the bags.

Products Discussed in

To Top