Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What are the lines on my rear axle ?

Old 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Poodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud of
Poodle Head Mikey's Tacoma Gallery
What are the lines on my rear axle ?

2007 Base w/std. cab and 2.7 engine

On the rear axle are mounted two (plastic?) lines which connect to the outer end of the rear housing - about where the bearing might be. To the flange just inboard of the brake backing plate.

The brake lines are metal - not them. What are the other two lines on my rear axle? Flexible - sort of look and feel like air shock air lines?

Anybody know?

PHM
------
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
probably ABS
Old 03-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Poodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud of
Poodle Head Mikey's Tacoma Gallery
ABS? I have that on the base model ?

When I saw that you suggested: ABS I went out and looked closer to find that I was wrong about them being plastic lines - they go to some kind of electrical connection next to the top of the gas tank. <g>

Some kind of sensor which compares the RPM of each wheel?

PHM
--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
probably ABS
Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
wheel speed sensor the abs uses those too.