1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

leveling kits

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 4banger5spd, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Mar 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    4banger5spd

4banger5spd [OP] Member

Member:
    rock wood ontario
    Vehicle:
    2.7l 5spd manual 4x4 cab and a half
    thinking about putting in a 3" front and 2 or 1 inch in the rear.
    -will this effect anything on the truck in terms of wear and tear on u joints and etc.
    im looking to go bigger tire and it will fill the front wheel well and will look dumb if you ask me.
    just wanna know if it will cost me anything more down the road.

i was going to order from www.realtruck.com in the readly lift suspension leveling kit. my truck is a 2009 tacoma 2.7l

2. Mar 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Db cab LongBed Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    Im wondering the same thing myself. I dont do much off-roading at all just here and there randomly so i dont see the point in buying a full on suspension even though i still want to clear bigger tires so I'm thinking that Level kit with with 3inch in the front and 2 in the rear. and then adding a body lift swell maybe down the road to get a full 6inches of lift.

good luck to ya post back if you hear any good insight

3. Mar 24, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    lpfm1990

lpfm1990 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Newfane NY
    Vehicle:
    13 tundra dbl cab rock warrior
    trd duals
    From what I gather and this is my plans but I'm not a 4 banger, is doing an aal to the rear springs, a set of ome 884's and blistein 5100's all around front set to zero with the 1/4" spacer for the bro lean, should give about an inch or so rear lift, and about 2" front. And make it sit level, 1yota6 I are your upstate my. Where abouts?

4. Mar 24, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Anytime you change suspension geometry it's going to change the wear on components. To what degree? Well that's hard to say.

Also, 3 inch body lifts are frowned upon by most on this site.

5. Mar 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    3" will significanty alter the angle on your CV joints. This will often increase wear on the boot that protects it and holds the grease. It is important to keep an eye on this if you choose to lift.

6. Mar 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Db cab LongBed Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    Rochester

Products Discussed in

To Top