Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
IC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to behold

Army: Infantry
Name: Isaac
IC MANDO's Tacoma Gallery
Question?

I have a 3" Rough Country spacer. If I get some Billy's adjustables, is that considered staking lifts? Can I set the Billy's at .75 or do they have to be at 0?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
.. most guys on here don't like spacer lifts anyway...but I would say no to just play it safe.. if you did I would think you would need LCA and UCL...to compensate for the travel of the suspension..do you have the front diff drop and extended brake lines?... if not I would recommend them
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC MANDO View Post
I have a 3" Rough Country spacer. If I get some Billy's adjustables, is that considered staking lifts? Can I set the Billy's at .75 or do they have to be at 0?
You can put your 3" spacer on the 5100's if they're set at 0 (although I would not recommend it). 5100's set at 0 are no different than a stock shock as far as function so putting a top spacer lift on them is no different than putting a spacer on top of a stock shock. The whole point of the 5100s though is so you don't have to use top plate spacers but rather get lift from setting the lower coil seat up and preloading the coil to get lift. I would not put a top plate spacer lift on 5100's if you plan on putting the 5100's at any other setting besides 0. That would be considered stacking lifts.

If I were you, I'd scrap the spacer lift and go with 5100's set at 1.75 or 2.5 to get your lift (or get lift coils like OME 885 or Eibach coils).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
.. most guys on here don't like spacer lifts anyway...but I would say no to just play it safe.. if you did I would think you would need LCA and UCL...to compensate for the travel of the suspension..do you have the front diff drop and extended brake lines?... if not I would recommend them
Your post has a lot of misinformation in it... There's no reason to change LCA's with that type of lift, no idea what a UCL is, extended front brake lines are not required and a differential drop on a 2nd Gen is useless.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't attempt mix a spacer lift with a preloaded 5100. It is not recommended because it is dangerous.

Edit: Shoulda know Pugga would beat my post...llol
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
honestly I didn't even know I posted anything in here.. sleep posting?.. I have no clue what I was even sayin.. wow thats scary sorry OP for that
Old 03-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
You shouldn't attempt mix a spacer lift with a preloaded 5100. It is not recommended because it is dangerous.

Edit: Shoulda know Pugga would beat my post...llol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
honestly I didn't even know I posted anything in here.. sleep posting?.. I have no clue what I was even sayin.. wow thats scary sorry OP for that
It happens. Look at Mr. Chris16's drunking/sleeping posts
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
IC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to behold

So I can scrap the spacer. Are ProComp lift springs good. I won a 4wheel Parts gift card for $500.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If you really are set on the pro comp then just run the pro comp lift cause they come with front and rear shocks so no need for 5100's.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I can scrap the spacer. Are ProComp lift springs good. I won a 4wheel Parts gift card for $500.
If it's the springs I'm thinking of, they are very, very stiff coils. They'll work for your lift but the front end will ride rough. If you use their coils, you're better off using their shocks also as mentioned above. Does 4wd sell Old Man Emu stuff?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 AM   #10

They have OME aals and fronts shocks. That's it.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #11

I think I'm gonna go with the Pro Comp coils and the Pro Comp ES 6000 shocks. Any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the help
Sorry, I guess no one checked back in your thread. It'll be a stiffer ride but it's not an uncommon lift.