Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what lift kit would you use if you don't offroad?

Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
TRD4UNC is on a distinguished road
TRD4UNC's Tacoma Gallery
what lift kit would you use if you don't offroad?

There is so much information out there and I am so confused. I want a comfortable ride, i don't do any offroading, just 85% highway travel. I just want a higher stance to put bigger beefier tires. Just for looks really. Trying to stay under $800.....suggestions? i have a 2013 TRD Sport double cab preRunner
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like my 5100's set at 1.75" and the rear TSB. It sits level, rides good. That slight lift enabled me to fit 265/75R16's. I still might get the spacer to correct the taco lean but for right now I'm satisfied with it.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
TRD4UNC's Tacoma Gallery
so a spacer kit? one local shop suggessted a ReadyLift SST 3" front, 2" rear lift. They do all the local toyota dealers lifts and use this kit
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4UNC View Post
so a spacer kit? one local shop suggessted a ReadyLift SST 3" front, 2" rear lift. They do all the local toyota dealers lifts and use this kit
Bingo, go for it..
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer kit would be the cheapest option, but if you are willing to spend $800 then dont do a spacer lift. At least go with bilstein 5100s with stock coils, set at 1.75" or 2.5" and a add a leaf in the rear with new shocks. The next step up would be getting aftermarket coils to go along with the 5100s
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
6 inch spacers in front and 6 inch blocks in the back.
Up travel for days
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
TRD4UNC's Tacoma Gallery
what are the pros and cons of say for example a $350 spacer kit? like the readylift....
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what are the pros and cons of say for example a $350 spacer kit? like the readylift....
Just do it, you can cram 285s and will be happy if you don't wheel.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Pros - cheap
Cons - crappy ride, risk damaging your shocks, blocks in the rear prematurely wear out your springs and promote axle wrap.

Honestly you might be happy with spacers, but why cheap out on parts for a brand new $25,000 + truck
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
3" Rough Country Lift. Well Priced, Simple, Includes all you need, good ride, no vibrations, room for 33" tires, Clearance for offroad. This is all coming from ME, I actually own the kit and drive it every day on my 2012.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
3" body lift
Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
A mallcrawler 3000, which also includes Nickelback CD and flat brim hat!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
^ yikes :S
I like the view of my frame
Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Pick up a spacer lift on here cheap from someone upgrading and run that. If you don't like it, well the money you saved on picking them up here you can then spend to re-install better parts and you'll be back to where you were. Lots of guys running spacers happily.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
A mallcrawler 3000, which also includes Nickelback CD and flat brim hat!
awsome hows gonna give me the hat and cd ????