Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

the best 2.5-3.0" suspension lift?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
trx680 is on a distinguished road
trx680's Tacoma Gallery
the best 2.5-3.0" suspension lift?

What is your opinion as to the best way to lift a 2013 Tacoma?

Whats the best lift for the truck? One that wont cause premature wear or a harsh ride?

Looking to do 32-33" tires.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Purely for the street, or are you planning on doing some offroading?

The best lift comes down to what do you want it to do?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Budget? Because the best can be pretty pricey. But after you tell us your budget and intended use my answer will probably be Old man emu or Toytec ulitimate lift with bilstein 5100s. And add some light racing UCAs
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Budget? Because the best can be pretty pricey. But after you tell us your budget and intended use my answer will probably be Old man emu or Toytec ulitimate lift with bilstein 5100s. And add some light racing UCAs
This.

Not the "best" but very popular good setups for the money. Certainly can go with high end stuff but you're talking more money. Both of those kits can be had for less than a grand (not counting UCA's).
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
trx680's Tacoma Gallery
no off-roading, street only

price/budget.... well, I would want to do it right, so lets just forget about the price. Not that I'm loaded but I want to know what the best/right way is to lift
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
trx680's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post

UCAs?? ..... sorry
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Any suspension lift will be considered the "right" way to do it as just throwing spacers and blocks in is generally frowned upon although I'm sure people will chime in with how they like theirs. That's certainly the cheapest way to do it.

You don't need the "best" to do it right.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

OR

PLUS a set of UCA's (upper control arms)

Either of those kits will be a good balance of doing it "right" while not completely breaking the bank. You could certainly spend more money for Icon, King, etc. however for 100% street use there would be no need to opt for higher performance components.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If your not offroading you dont want to waste money on the "best" lift. I stick to my previous recommendation, OME or toytec 5100s kit
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx680 View Post
UCAs?? ..... sorry
Upper control arm. When you lift your truck it will make it difficult to get your alignment perfect. Aftermarket UCAs will solve that issue
Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Are UCAs necessary with a 2.5" lift in front? If not necessary are they recommended? What about diff drop?. I am hunting a Baja BY (no side graphics) but there are none in the current order for Texas. I know I can take the stickers off but I could really use the $400 for other things. My second option is to a TRD and do my own lift etc..
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Are UCAs necessary with a 2.5" lift in front? If not necessary are they recommended? What about diff drop?. I am hunting a Baja BY (no side graphics) but there are none in the current order for Texas. I know I can take the stickers off but I could really use the $400 for other things. My second option is to a TRD and do my own lift etc..
I wouldn't buy a baja, then lift it.. just my 2 cents. 2.5" of lift might need new UCAs but it's a hit or miss unfortunately, you won't know until you're done getting an alignment. Skip the diff drop, if you read a few threads you'll see that they are pointless.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Not planning to lift a Baja. I am looking at lifts as a back up in case I just buy the regular TRD and lift it. Talked to 2 dealers and I can get it without the vehicle shield. That will save $400. Now I need to find one with the BY option not the BX. That will be another $400. Now the truck is getting in to a reasonable price range. I emailed one sales dude and told him what I need to get price down or I will just buy a Chevy. Most likely just a idle threat.