Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which route for rear lift??

Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice

Name: Brock
02goldie's Tacoma Gallery
which route for rear lift??

So im wanting to get 3" total lift on my 02 DC and be able to run 285s. I was looking into Toytec's OME kit with all 4 shocks, front springs, and rear AAL. My current leafs are wore out and my question is would the AAL be enough to 'revive' them?

Ive considered the full leaf pack but i dont do enough hauling to justify the extra $$$. Also would the AAL add enough lift to set the rear level? I may occasionally haul my 4wheeler (kodiak 450) but it wouldnt be for long distances. And i dont do alot of offroading but when i do its just mild trails nothing crazy.

my main objective is to avoid the 'bro lean', which i currently have slightly. i dont mind rake but as long as its forward rake

any help, opinions are appreciated.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME with rear Dakars IMO.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Your leafs are already frowning. Get the Dakars.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
If you are not afraid to use a wrench.... check this out..
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html
It can be a much cheaper alternative. It cost me less then $150 total.
I added 3 chevy leafs...put me at 2.5''+ in the rear.
Here was my build list/guide/notes from reading everything before the following post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post6307777
I just read that you are a Gen 1. that is okay that thread can apply to you too. just realize the center pins are offset and you will be golden.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
I am in this boat sort of... I did the AAL 2 years ago and drive my truck similar to yours, but don't like the slight droop in the rear...

thinking of switching to these? Good idea or bad

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
I am in this boat sort of... I did the AAL 2 years ago and drive my truck similar to yours, but don't like the slight droop in the rear...

thinking of switching to these? Good idea or bad

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Dakars are great leafs.
I & many others have them & love them.
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures(1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice

Name: Brock
02goldie's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the opinions i probly will go with the dakars. I think if i went with the AAL i would end up regretting it shortly after.

If i decide to install 5100 shocks in the back as well does it add any more lift? or would it still level out fine
Old 03-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Rear 5100's are not adjustable.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02goldie View Post
thanks for the opinions i probly will go with the dakars. I think if i went with the AAL i would end up regretting it shortly after.

If i decide to install 5100 shocks in the back as well does it add any more lift? or would it still level out fine
Quote:
Quote:
Rear 5100's are not adjustable.
No extra lift from rear 5100s but get the extended length 5100s for the rear if you get the Dakars. The standard length one will limit your travel (droop).
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I just looked at your leafs, they could look like this with a couple Chevy truck springs....& They'll well out last over the counter AAL & give better ride

not a great pic...

1st gen w/Chevy springs

Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Is the first leaf upside down?