1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie question and yes I searched and read stickies 1st.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wolverine768, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mar 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    wolverine768

wolverine768 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Baja in White
    I am going to be the owner of a 2013 double cab long bed. most likely a trd sport. I had a few questions.
    1. Can I do icon coil overs in the front and not touch the rear to just run a winch bumper(with winch) and some bigger tires on stock 17" trd rims (265 70 17)?
    2. will my ride suck if I do this?
    3. What other likely problems may I encounter? Looking to do mild offroad(like trails around big bear/ gorman, etc)

thanks in advance!

2. Mar 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    wolverine768

wolverine768 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Baja in White
    ooops 4x4!

3. Mar 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    beerking

beerking Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Access V6 TRD Sport
    All-pro APEX front bumper, 4xInnovation sliders w/kickouts, ATO front skid, Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Icon 2.5 Front coilovers with 700lb King shocks, 5100's on the rear, TSB Toytec AAL, slimcubby HID headlights, debadged, Magnaflow muffler, AFE drop-in, Python 991 Remote start/alarm, Clarion NX501, Wet Okole's, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Midland CB, Blue 4' Firestik II, Tailgate anti-theft mod, power tailgate lock, rear differential breather relocation & yellow wire mod.
    You should be fine running a setup like that. Depending on the total weight up front, you may way to upgrade to beefier springs, but with only a bumper and winch the standard 650# icon springs should be fine. Especially if you use synthetic rope instead of a cable.

4. Mar 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    1 Yes
    2 No
    3 You can adjust the lift height on the Icons. Depending on tire size and wheel choice and degree of offroading, you will have to trim. I dont wheel mine and have 2.5'' lift from Bilstein 5100's and run 285/75/16 BFG KM2's and only had to remove the flaps from the front of the front wheel well. If you are looking to wheel it, CMC and trimming will be required.

Products Discussed in

To Top