Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New leaf spring options

Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
New leaf spring options

So I recently put on the icon progressive 3 leaf AAL with 1.5" of lift on my stock leafs which had about 100K miles on them. Im also running bilsteins all around with eibach springs and shocks set at 0. So about 1.6" of lift in the front.

Anyways when I installed the lift at first I liked it, nice and quiet and leveled out my truck though a little too stiff more my likings, but thought it would loosen up. In the past month they have started squeaking like no other, it drives me insane!! Ive tried everything I've read on here to fix the squeak and still nothing (repositioning the AAL, bike chain lube, innertube trick). Now I'm just leaning towards new leafs, but I want to keep the 1.5" of lift and something not too stiff.

Any suggestions? More ideas to fix the squeak?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
You'll figure it out eventually. If not dakars with the third leaf removed would be a good option
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
I hope so, dont know how much more squeaking I can take haha. I'll look into the dakars, Ive heard good things about them.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind..._detail&p=4683

Cheap. Threre is a couple of threads running around with guys who have the whole kit and really seem to like them. My .02.