Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Early IFS front end

Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Early IFS front end

I am restoring a 94 4x4 pickup with 31 inch tires. The rear springs have no blocks or extra leafs. I see the truck has a slight rake. I really dont know if its had the tortion arms turned or not but I dont think so. I was under it today getting ready to play with the suspension and I noticed the front bump stop is only 1 inch from the LCA. Is this normal or is the front end sagging down? It sure doesnt seem right to be that close
Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess no one here knows shit about anything except tacomas.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Well I guess no one here knows shit about anything except tacomas.
Haha, no theres a few of the old torsion bar type IFS here, in any event, 1" doesn't sound acceptable to me, get ahold of member mike89 I'm sure he had this issue but I don't remember what he did to correct tho'...

I hate IFS