1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendation for 2003 DC TRD Prerunner suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Geosh, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Geosh

Geosh [OP] Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner DC, 3.4L
    I recently bought a 03 double cab TRD Prerunner that the previous owner put spacers on top of the front coilover assys and put some shackles on the back springs to lift it a little and level it out. It is definitely a little highter than stock and I like it, but would like to improve things a little and I keep reading how bad spacers are.

I was thinking of removing the spacers in the front and swapping out to some Bilstein 5100's all around but still using the stock springs (for now) in the front and then swapping back to the stock shackles in back but adding an Icon progressive AALs.

I want to keep the ride height about where it is which is a little higher than stock and level.

Would I need Eibach's in the front or would the stock coils work ok (113k miles on them)?

Also, would the Icon AALs help at all with the axle wrap I am getting too? I would like to fix that as well if possible. Would it be better to get new springs all together in the back? Mine are currently pretty worn I think as they are pretty flat across the leafs without any additional load in the bed other than my tonneau cover.

Thanks for the help!!

[​IMG]
    I'll post a better pic after I wash it this weekend.

Products Discussed in

To Top