Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Driver side UCA bolt

Old 03-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Driver side UCA bolt

Please explain how to get it off, I'm bout to go ape shit on it ha!

In other news install is going great!!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I cut the bolt heads off mine. And then there are fuel lines in the way.
Did you check out the sticky?
Here is how I got mine out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Got both sides done now.
Quick tip on the drivers side.
There are a few lines(red arrow) in the way of removing/installing the pivot bolt. Remove the two nuts (green arrows) with a 10mm wrench. I got some paracord and made a choker to tie the fuel lines off to the header. There was enough room to slide the bolt back in this way.

hope this helps somebody
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

My new UCAs didn't come with new bolts.....so unfortunately that isn't an option for me
Old 03-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
bend the sheet metal that is in the way, and punch them out(with a punch). yes, it is tight, but still doable. getting them in, you would have to coerce them in the same manner, with light taps with a hammer.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #6

Got it, bent the pinch weld a bit and it slid out. Was trying not to do that but oh well
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My condolences and sympathy.

Removing and replacing those bolts are the hardest part of your project by far. I remember just about wearing myself out messing with them.

The rest of the install is a breeze - as you're finding out.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to bend the sheet metal either, so I bought new UCA bolts from the dealer before I got the UCAs. I paid $14 each.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
bend the sheet metal that is in the way, and punch them out(with a punch). yes, it is tight, but still doable. getting them in, you would have to coerce them in the same manner, with light taps with a hammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
Got it, bent the pinch weld a bit and it slid out. Was trying not to do that but oh well
Yeah, wasn't it nice of Toyota to run them in backwards so you had to bend the shit out of it, you DID turn it around when you re installed .... right ???
Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #10

All done. And yea installed backwards. Plus sway bar removed.

....very pleased with my set up