Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I need information

Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Question I need information

I have a 2010 2wd sport 4D Long Bed. 2 weeks ago I had the rear tsb installed, no much change since I have a snugtop cover ( also no change from the 3 leaves, I loaded the truck with 600lbs twice and it was at 1" from hitting the bump stops).

Finally I pulled the triger and purchased a set of 17x9, 6x5.5 OS: 0mm BS: 5.00" and P265/70R17 (113S) - Terra Grappler.
Went to 4wheels pats and ordered a 2.25 front-1" block in the back to have it installed next week. ( I wanted to keep the factory ride)
They suggested the 3"front-2" back but I wanted to make sure i can align it and i wasn't going to be nose high ( I can deal with the rake, not so much with the bro lean).

Question # 1 is: Can I have the tires and wheels installed before the lift without rubbing?? I would like to do this tomorrow so I can play with a floor jack and try the different heights and have time to change the lift if I need to.
Question #2: do I need a spacer for the driver side lean? I didnt notice it, but i dont know if the lean happens after the lift is installed.

Thanks

PS: I will keeping the stock suspension, just adding the procomp leveling kit
This is the kit: 2.25" front/1" rear

Anybody has this set up, or if you have this wheel set up, what kind of lift do you have.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
I have a 2010 2wd sport 4D Long Bed. 2 weeks ago I had the rear tsb installed, no much change since I have a snugtop cover ( also no change from the 3 leaves, I loaded the truck with 600lbs twice and it was at 1" from hitting the bump stops).

Finally I pulled the triger and purchased a set of 17x9, 6x5.5 OS: 0mm BS: 5.00" and P265/70R17 (113S) - Terra Grappler.
Went to 4wheels pats and ordered a 2.25 front-1" block in the back to have it installed next week. ( I wanted to keep the factory ride)
They suggested the 3"front-2" back but I wanted to make sure i can align it and i wasn't going to be nose high ( I can deal with the rake, not so much with the bro lean).

Question # 1 is: Can I have the tires and wheels installed before the lift without rubbing?? I would like to do this tomorrow so I can play with a floor jack and try the different heights and have time to change the lift if I need to.
Question #2: do I need a spacer for the driver side lean? I didnt notice it, but i dont know if the lean happens after the lift is installed.

Thanks
I ran 265/70/17 BFgoodrich tkos on stock suspension and it didnt rub at all
Old 03-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get a spacer for the taco lean, you will probably rub without and with the lift with the backspacing.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
The offset of the wheels might cause a little minor rubbing at stock height, especially with the suspension flexed. I think stock wheels are +30mm offset, so your new wheels will push the tire out over an inch, increasing the turning radius of the tire. If you do rub it should be minor, take the mudflaps off and maybe a little trimming of the plastic wheel well liner and you should have no rub even with the suspension flexed.

With spacer lifts i don't think you need a drivers side spacer for taco lean. The stock suspension compensates for added weight on the drivers side, and you are still using the stock suspension, not positive on this though.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'd get a spacer for the taco lean, you will probably rub without and with the lift with the backspacing.
Shut, so it will rub even with the 2.25 lift?
I don't want to remove the mudflups..
Should I go 3" and 2" back ?
Note: my biggest flex will be in and out of my driveway, also it can be done with a porsche 911 turbo, hahaha and a random speed bump that I would find in a shopping mall or on the street, and I drive those over really really slow.
Also 4wheelparts states that I can use the 3" kit without having issues with the aligment (I don't believe that, but I don't know anything about suspension and I read on the internet that I need UCA's to align a 3" kit)
Old 03-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #6

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
My gosh, I have a headache, so many fricking options and combinations

I found this from "Tacobrutal"

FWIW i got exactly 2" with OME 884 coils paired with 5100s @ 0 and TSB springs with 5100s in the back. Love the ride, much better then when i had stock coils and 5100s @1.75.

And I run 265/70R17 (same size as the ones u want) with 4.5 backspace and just had to remove the front mudflaps due to minor rubbing.

Pic: