Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Two 1/2" + 1/4 drivers" VS 1/2" drivers + 1/4" passenger

Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Two 1/2" + 1/4 drivers" VS 1/2" drivers + 1/4" passenger

I have the Eibach coils with the 5100s set at .85 right now. I love the look but its just not enough clearance with my 285 tires, and you can tell in my sig pic. Im looking for a little more high but Im not sure what will look the best and feel the best with my 1.5 AAL in the rear. I also have 1/4" taco lean in the front, and about 1/2 lean in the rear (is that normal).
So my options are:
-
1. 1/2" + 1/4" on drivers ......... 1/2" on passenger

2. 1/2" on drivers ................1/4" on passenger

3. 1/4 on both driver and passenger and ignore Taco lean
-
Anyone who has these setups can you please post pics or suggestions, thanks.
Best answer will get a prize. Not sure what the prize will be yet though.....
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Asianguywithatruk is on a distinguished road
Asianguywithatruk's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine yesterday. Billy's at .85 with eibachs and 1/2" spacers. I don't have my 285 on yet so I can't tell you about clearance. I plan on changing out the passenger side spacer to 1/4". My rears are even at 24".

Stacking spacers are not recommended and the taco lean bother me. So I vote 2.

Hopefully I get my wheels/tires on soon. They're sitting in the kitchen. LoL
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Asianguywithatruk is on a distinguished road
Asianguywithatruk's Tacoma Gallery
I actually got more than I thought but hopefully they settle. I went from 19.5" from wheel center hub to fender. Got 23.5" after.

Did you happen to measure your truck before your lift? I'm wondering if my truck is sagging before. I actually took the top nut off the coilover without a spring compressor and it didnt go flying.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Choice #2. Thats what Im rockin with 255\85's. See sig for any other details.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianguywithatruk View Post
I actually got more than I thought but hopefully they settle. I went from 19.5" from wheel center hub to fender. Got 23.5" after.

Did you happen to measure your truck before your lift? I'm wondering if my truck is sagging before. I actually took the top nut off the coilover without a spring compressor and it didnt go flying.
No I wish I did though. I searched the site for a while for the stock hub to fender measurements but couldn't find them either.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

I've been contemplating this
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #9

I think I'm going to go with the 1/2 inch on drivers and 1/4 inch on passenger so I don't have to stack them. I do like the look with a bit of rake though so anymore might be a bit much. Would love to see a few more pics though
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I am about to do your option 2 to clear some 285's and was wondering how much rubbing you have now without your spacer? I have the same wheels and still thinking if I have to do the spacer or not. I am between 5100's with Eibach on .85 alone or with spacer. Your truck has a good stance right now not too much rake, its just right. If you do the spacer, it might just level it up and you will be good to go.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered swapping the Eibachs for OME 885's ?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #12

I like the eibachs because I have the opportunity to drop the 5100s to 0 and keep the stock leveling look if ii take these wheels back off
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I think I'm going to go with the 1/2 inch on drivers and 1/4 inch on passenger so I don't have to stack them. I do like the look with a bit of rake though so anymore might be a bit much. Would love to see a few more pics though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I am about to do your option 2 to clear some 285's and was wondering how much rubbing you have now without your spacer? I have the same wheels and still thinking if I have to do the spacer or not. I am between 5100's with Eibach on .85 alone or with spacer. Your truck has a good stance right now not too much rake, its just right. If you do the spacer, it might just level it up and you will be good to go.
I had a fair amount of rubbing but then I cut lots of plastic and it's better now. I still need the cab mount chop or it will keep rubbing that when you turn and go over bumps
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DCLB with Eibachs, 5100s at .85 and a 1/4" spacer on driver's side. I'm looking at getting new rear springs and moving the 1/4" spacer to passenger and putting a 1/2" on driver's side and upping to 285s
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #15
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OP! Now I think I am set to do like your option 2. But still searching if 885's OME coils on .0 setting with the same spacers will be a smoother ride than sticking with the Eibach's on .85.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #16

Just took some measurements and they are pretty odd. Taco lean is different then most I think.
These are from ground to fender top on a practically perfectly level ground
-
Front
Drivers = 37 1/2 "
passenger = 37 3/4 "
-
Rear
Drivers = 39 1/2"
Passenger = 40 "
-
The rear lean is a bit noticeable. Not sure what to try to get the rear up 1/2" Toytec says the 1/2 spacer gives 3/4" lift and the 1/4" gives 1/2" lift so the front should be good. Im not sure if theres something wrong with the rear or not but its been like this for over a year now with the 5100s and not sure if it was with the stock Bilsteins because I didnt check.