Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My morning easter egg! Need serious advice.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
My morning easter egg! Need serious advice.

Delete please
Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Let me add that I had noticed a strange noise from the front left wheel well since the installation.

As in - since i drove it home that day from the shop. (2 weeks ago)
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You probably should have checked it out 2 weeks ago, but that's water under the bridge. It looks like bad install, so take it back to them. Maybe send them the pictures first and ask them if they want you to drive it to them like this or if they want to send a tow truck (on their dime) to prevent any further damage.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
UncleFred is on a distinguished road
UncleFred's Tacoma Gallery
It's technically your sway bar link that is just hanging around. Bad install. No idea how that would have just come loose on it's own. I have been told that driving without a sway bar is fine at low speed but I have never tried it.

One observation: when I installed 5100's at the 3rd ring (2.75"), the rubber seals on the oem bar links just ripped apart and never fit quite right. I replaced them with Moog links and added a sway bar spacer for front suspension lifts from Toytec. Everything up front has been solid since then.